Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Got Warm Milk??

So for the past week or so I have been getting very little sleep lately. I'm exhausted but as soon as I lay down, I'm tossing and turning and wide awake. It has been so frustrating. I can't get comfortable and when I am I still don't sleep. I have tried Benadryl (which use to knock me out immediately with just one pill) but now it's like I took candy, I'm wide awake. I have told my brother I think I have ADD of the mind because my mind is racing and really about nothing in particular. I bounce from topic to topic.

So I was talking to my mother last night and she recommended I make some "warm" milk. Initially this sounded disgusting and frankly still does. Now I know that's what Hot Chocolate is but that has chocolate in it and in my head it is supposed to be hot because it's called "Hot" chocolate. Milk is not called "Warm" milk. Her argument was that babies sleep after they get fed and their milk is warm. My argument "us adults drink it cold" but I assured her that I would try it but that I thought it was weird.

So last night there I was heating up a mug of milk. I laid down with my book next to hubby last night and started drinking. I immediately told Dave that it tasted "weird, not bad just weird". At first I felt like a cow, why a cow I'm not sure maybe because milk comes from them but really no idea it's just what came to my mind first. Then as I was getting to the bottom of my mug I felt like a kitten, as if I should be licking it out of my mug....now I did not do this (I'm pretty sure that would have gotten me some weird looks from my husband). Once done it was funny, because I felt like I needed a good burp. It made me laugh because I was like, " I feel like a baby, that I need to be burped now". Which my husband found hilarious and started to jokingly thump my back a few times. He's as silly as me sometimes. Love him!

Results:
I ended up still tossing and turning for about 30 minutes but then the rest is a blur because I was out. So I'll take 30 minutes over 1.5 hours. 

Conclusion:
MOM WAS RIGHT! :) 

1 comment:

Sarah Barrios said...

You are going to learn now that you are a mom yourself...mom is always right!