Monday, July 30, 2012

My Crazy Body vs Pregnancy

Well as most of you know David and I are expecting. I am still not 100% sure on all the details such as due date and how far a long I really am. All websites say I am 7 weeks currently, so I'm just going with that right now. We will find out more on Friday when we do the ultrasound. 

So for the past few weeks I have been really learning my body, how it works, what's normal and not normal, and my comfort levels. I have been still having cramps off and on in my lower stomach but my doctors do not seem concerned because supposedly everything is stretching and growing in there so it's natural. As long as there is no bleeding, all is well. I am trying to not take any Tylenol for the pain. I know it's safe but I just only want to use it when there is a definite need. I am tired all the time as well. I am taking naps for the most part daily and usually am able to zonk out during nap time. Then at 9pm my body gets tired again and it's time for bed. I don't normally find myself in bed though until 10 or 10:30 and then I find I can't sleep. I toss and turn for 1.5 hours or more, which is highly frustrating. I've tried Benadryl with Doctor approval but for some odd reason it doesn't help. Prior to pregnancy one pill would knock me on my butt for hours but now nothing. I'm starting to have discomfort in my upper legs (hip rotator area) which could be playing a part in this lack of sleep. Nausea has not been as big of a issue yet but I have had several rounds so far. The biggest was on Saturday night. We had pizza that night and about 30 minutes after eating I was feeling it. I immediately got some sprite and crackers and laid down in bed but nothing was really helping. I have now stocked up on several "Ginger" Items. 

Now as uncomfortable as all this has been, I thank the Lord every single night for it all. Because with every cramp, lack of sleep, and nausea round it confirms that I am pregnant, that there is a baby growing in my belly and for that I am grateful. I am also so blessed that many of my girlfriends have or are going through pregnancy so they are all able to answer my many questions of "Is this Normal????" I appreciate it ladies!!! 

Chance of Multiples?? So this is a question I have been asked more times than I can count these past few weeks. YES there is a chance for multiples. I think the most that happens with IUI are twins, but the chances are low with the way we did it. However, we did have 4 Follicles that were considered "Ready" at time of ovulation so anything can happen. David and I have discussed this and are fine with twins and would absolutely be overjoyed; however, more than that...well I may be a single mother since my husband may just have a heart attack right there at the doctor office. Ha Ha. :) But the likelihood of more than twins is so low that it's not really worth thinking about. My body never seems to take the "normal" route though so we will see.

I appreciate all the congratulations, prayers, thoughts from each of you. I am getting excited every day but still being cautious because I know this is all very early. I have to trust my body, eat right, and leave it in God's hands.

Please continue to pray that we hear a strong heartbeat(s) on Friday.

No comments: