Thursday, August 2, 2012

Morning Sickness has Struck

These past 7 weeks I can count on one hand the number of times I have been nauseous. All have been in the afternoon and all but once was I the passenger in the car. Everyone told me I either was lucky or it was going to happen soon. 

Well yesterday, Wednesday, started my week 8. This morning I woke up, got out of bed and it hit me. Brushing my teeth was a task. I have never been nauseous thus far in the morning. Luckily after about 30 minutes it passed with no getting sick because I had lunch plans with my old roommate from college that I didn't want to miss. I took a bottle water and saltines with me to munch on when needed. The rest of the afternoon I was pretty good until I reached the grocery store. I'm not sure if it was just my body saying it had had enough because I had been running around all day and I needed rest or if it was all the smells in the grocery store. But I quickly got what I needed and went straight home. I was nauseous for the next few hours. I attempted a nap and did get a quick one but mainly just laid there for a few hours slipping in and out of sleep. Luckily at the grocery store I stocked up on Ginger Ale so I immediately started drinking that, which helped. 

So I officially consider this my first real round of "Morning Sickness". :)

We see baby heartbeat tomorrow!

No comments: