Well on Friday I hit 8 weeks! Only 4 more weeks until I'm through the 1st Trimester. Praying! So here is how I'm feeling lately:
Nausea:
It comes and goes. I've been hit hard off and on and when it hits it's an all day adventure. I've seen that for the most part this happens when I'm the passenger in the car but on Saturday I was the driver. I drove close to my normal route to work, just about 15 minutes shorter since I only went to Arlington. My body was not agreeing with the drive. I luckily had some Ginger Altoids so popped one of those in and found that I don't like the taste of Ginger Altoids. So far Ginger Ale does the trick so reminder to self I need to take a few cans with me to work in a cooler seeing that I drive around daily to various school for my job. So this nausea in the car thing is going to just have to deal. Smells also get to me right now. I have noticed some days (not all) that I go into a grocery store I have to almost turn around and walk out or just get the most important item and get out before I get sick.
Exhausted:
As I've mentioned before I am still utterly exhausted. Still taking naps around 2pm daily.
I'm not having as much problems getting to sleep this week during both nap time and bed time. I have noticed 10pm is my limit. I need to be in bed by then and asleep no later than 11pm.
Bathroom Runs:
Still occuring and seem to have increased this week. I think I'm waking up 3-4 times right now but luckily fall back to sleep pretty quickly.
Allergies:
This week I got hit by some bad allergies. At first I thought I may have caught what Dave had last week (Bronchitis) or some form of a cold because throat was sore, I was stuffy, and just felt awful. The doctor told me I could take some Claritin which has helped tremendously and I'm finally down to just taking the Claritin once a day. Hopefully, will be off completely very soon.
Cravings:
All I want is anything sweet. This can range from ice cream, chocolate, brownies, cake, jelly beans, candy...you get the point. This is different for me because I don't typically eat sweets and normally a cartoon of ice cream can sit in our freezer for months, but not anymore. I also have found that this week meat is a HUGE aversion. I don't want to taste it, see it, smell it or touch it. The exception is Chorizo which I know many of you are like "That's meat Sarah", but I'm Hispanic and so Chorizo is not a meat. it's a breakfast taco necessity. I had chicken noodle soup the other day since I've been feeling crappy and with the first bite of the little pieces of chicken I was over it. I had to pull every single piece of chicken out before I could continue. I also have found I want anything with cheese. I'm also not into big meals, I snack a lot lately. I am completely content eating a bowl of Chex Cereal for dinner.
Thirsty:
I'm constantly thirsty! I'm not sure how much this is pregnancy and how much this is due to the allergies, but I have to be drinking water at all times. I also feel I go through glasses like crazy because I need a glass for my milk, a glass for OJ, a glass for water, and occasionally a glass for Ginger Ale, just within 1 day!
Belly band:
So every morning I wake up and weight myself and I have seen that I have gained 0 pounds! I've heard this is normal and I guess what doctors want right now, so yay me! However, even though I have gained Zero I have found there are only 2 pairs of jeans that I can still button and zip all the way without feeling I am about to burst. I don't fully grasp why I can't comfortable wear my jeans/capris since my weight has not increased, but am thankful for the Belly Band one of my girlfriends gifted me with.
Discomforts:
I have found myself scratching my belly more and my legs. I read this would happen and I'm trying to keep moisturized to avoid dry skin. I've also noticed pain in my lower back, especially when I try to lay on my back. I'm doing a little better at trying to stay on my left side but still do find myself on my back when I wake up. Which mysteriously also hurts my chest area, I'm not fully understanding that pain. I'm hoping I can get a massage soon to help relieve this pain. Calling to the doctor today to get permission.
Discomforts:
I have found myself scratching my belly more and my legs. I read this would happen and I'm trying to keep moisturized to avoid dry skin. I've also noticed pain in my lower back, especially when I try to lay on my back. I'm doing a little better at trying to stay on my left side but still do find myself on my back when I wake up. Which mysteriously also hurts my chest area, I'm not fully understanding that pain. I'm hoping I can get a massage soon to help relieve this pain. Calling to the doctor today to get permission.
No comments:
Post a Comment