Friday, August 31, 2012

11 Weeks!



We are 11 weeks today!!! Only 1 more week until we are out of this first trimester and I can breathe a tad easier. Praying! 

How I'm feeling this week:
Jelly Bean is as big as a: Large Plum about 2.5 inches. I was also told the size of a lime this morning so not sure which it is lime or plum but you get the idea. 

Nausea: 
The Nausea has not been terribly bad this week. Luckily out of the 5 days I only got nauseous at work 1 day (Wednesday) and luckily I was at my office for training all day so I could run to the bathroom without problem. Most of the nausea, when it happens, happens in the afternoon/late evening, which I love. 

Fatigue:
Well obviously I made it through my first week of work with kids. It still wasn't full 100% force, since I focused on just the kids that really needed me for schedules and school orientation. Next week is a different story. All week this week I have been either starting my bedtime routine or in bed by 9pm and asleep no later than 9:45pm if not sooner. This weekend will be focused on sleeping! :) Thank goodness we have off Monday...3 day weekends rock!! 

Bathroom Runs:
The same but I've falling into a routine now. I get up twice a night, once around midnight or 1pm and again around 3pm or 4pm. My day routine hasn't been as predictable. 

Allergies:
Gone, just normal stuff now. No meds! :)

Cravings:
Still sweets primarily!! Fallen in love with Root Beer Floats and Cookies-n-Cream ice cream. I have noticed large meals don't always agree with me. Incorporating meat more excluding Chicken because that still sounds disgusting to me. 

Thirsty:
Still the same. I got me some lunchbox OJ cartons to make sure I get that daily as well as my V8 juice packs. 

Weight:
This week I have noticed I've gained 1-3 pounds just depending on the day. I have come to the conclusion that my weight must be re-positioning itself because I look like I've gained much more than I really have. None of my pants that have zippers and/or buttons, zip/button anymore. My scrub work pants still fit but are snug. I have to shimmy in and out of them. People that saw me weekly or several times a week last year immediately picked up on my weight shift this week. 

Headaches:
Nothing terrible this week.


Brushing Teeth = ?
This week for the first time I have discovered that brushing my teeth is a never ending process. Every time I brush my teeth I end up gagging or getting sick....I assume from the taste of the toothpaste...maybe? So I brush my teeth, I gag, I get sick, brush my teeth again, gag, get sick, brush my teeth again, ect. Smells also get to me. I got a new deodorant just because I grabbed the first one I saw; not thinking, but it wasn't what I've been using for awhile, same brand just different type. (forgive that run-on sentence that probably has all types of grammatical errors, but I'm to tired to care)Well I wore it one day and couldn't even get through the whole day. It was like baby powder smell, but geez it got to me. 


This week (Wednesday) Jelly Bean and I also had a close call on our drive home. We were only about 10-15 minutes from home, when a young man decided that he wanted into my lane and must have thought I was saying hi when I blared my horn at him because he never stopped. I saw that he was texting away on his cell so obviously wasn't paying attention and never even acknowledged his absent mindedness with a wave or anything. To this day I know that the Lord was with Jelly Bean and I because I have no idea how that car did not hit us. It came less than an inch away, I was preparing for impact, preparing for his car to scrape my entire left front side of the car and push me into the curb, but that never happened. It was as if my car just stayed still, frozen in time as his continued forward. Like I was watching it on TV instead of in the car myself. Thank the Lord!!! I was so mad and upset but kept reminding myself I needed to calm down for Jelly Bean's sake. I ended up just crying because I was just that frustrated. 

Overall this week was great and we are just getting closer and closer to the ultimate goal of March 22. 

No comments: