Well today we hit 9 weeks!!! Only 3 more weeks to go to be out of this first trimester! Praying!!
Today was our second sonogram and Dave got to come this time!! It was perfect!! Still just 1 baby...woohoo! I was shocked at how much bigger Jelly Bean is now and that he/she doesn't look like a blob anymore!!! We could actually see the little leg and arm buds, body and head. Totally crazy what technology can show us. The doctor said Jelly Bean was really moving this morning, which I think was due to the Sprite I had on the way to the doctor office to ward off the nausea. The baby is measuring almost an inch in length, which doc says is great. As soon as he found the heartbeat I immediately noticed a difference....much faster. At 7 weeks the heartbeat was 141 but now it's 192 which of course I immediately was like "Is that normal??" To which my doctor just laughed and said yes. completely normal and warned me that at 12 weeks we may notice it drop again and that's 100% normal. We got to see the umbilical cord and he showed us the pumping within the umbilical cord. Totally cool!!! So Jelly Bean is still growing perfectly!! God is Great!
Today's appointment was bittersweet in that today was our last day with these amazing doctors who have been on this emotional journey with us for the past several months. Our cheerleaders and hand holders, and I had to hold back the tears as we said good-bye and Thank you to our Doctor. They will never know how much I appreciated them. So from here on out we are with our OBGYN. We will have our next sonogram and initial meeting with our OBGYN on Friday September 14th where I will be 13 weeks.
This Weeks Stats:
Jelly Bean is as big as a: Medium Green Olive, about 1 inch long.
So here's how I'm feeling this week:
This Weeks Stats:
Jelly Bean is as big as a: Medium Green Olive, about 1 inch long.
Nausea:
Still there. Just comes and goes, some days are worst that others. I did notice for the first time and of course the night before I had to be at work for training, jelly bean decided to make mommy nauseous at every attempt to lay down to sleep. Every time I laid down I immediately felt sick, would jump up to run to the bathroom, gag, dry heave, feel better, go lay down and repeat process several more times. It was as if baby knew this was the one day mommy had to be up early all summer and he/she was going to have some fun with me. It made me laugh because he/she is very much like his/her mother. I'm still getting nauseous in the car, so I got a prescription for Zofran from my doctor today so I am ready to make that hour commute to and from work on Monday.
Exhausted:
Still there. I did pretty good on my one day of work (Thursday) but came home and was fast asleep by 10pm. We shall see how this upcoming week goes. Going to sleep is no longer a problem excluding that night I mentioned above. I also got my pregnancy pillow this week so been playing with that trying to find what's comfortable for me.
Bathroom Runs:
The Same
Allergies:
Still here. Some days are worst that others but trying to only take 1 Claritin if I really need it.I did read that allergies are normal and do increase in pregnancy. Something about mucus increase, which really stinks since I had awful allergies before pregnancy so I probably should buy stock in Kleenex since I'll be giving them a lot of business.
Cravings:
Still sweets!! Any type of dessert. I have learned not to go Grocery shopping when pregnant and starving. I came home with lots of random snacks and a huge Red Velvet Cake slice. Still not feeling meat of any type. Anything Italian or cheesy is perfect
Thirsty:
Yup still just want tons of water. Working on getting a glass of milk, OJ/V8 Splash daily.
Belly Band:
Still using. Also doing the rubber band trick.
Weight:
I still have not gained any weight but Dave has noticed some changes. He claims I'm loosing weight in my hips and has seen me start gaining more in my upper stomach area. Which would make sense why on the scale I haven't gained anything.
Overall, all is absolutely perfect! So far we have received several predictions of what Jelly Bean may be...girl? boy? so far all guesses have been girl. I can't wait to find out if they are right or if this baby will prove everyone wrong by surprising us with a boy. For Dave and I, we just want healthy; other than that I'll either have a blast buying everything ruffles, lace, bows, sparkles, and frills or tons of cute polos, plaid, and overalls.
No comments:
Post a Comment