Sunday, September 30, 2012

15 Weeks!




We have made it to 15 weeks!!!

Here's how I'm feeling this week:

Jelly Bean is now the size of an Avocado approximately 4-5 inches in length and 3-5 ounces.

Nausea:
I have felt more nauseous this week and it happens more right after dinner and it lasts for a good while after I eat. I am also getting nauseous when I lay on my side at bedtime.

Fatigue:
It is the same during the week but the weekend is where it is catching up to me. Last Saturday I took my parents to the airport and then went to a police wife conference out in The Colony and by the time I got home around 5:30 my head was pounding from a migraine, I was getting nauseous, and I just felt like crud. I ended up sleeping from the time I got home until 9:30am the following morning. My body is showing me that it needs my weekends to catch up on the rest it's not getting during the week. I have also noticed I do good at the beginning of the week but by Thurs/Friday I can barely keep my eyes open after lunch.

Bathroom Runs:
About the same. Down to just one bathroom run at night which is nice since it means more sleep for me!

Cravings:
The Same

Sleeping:
I am having no problem going to sleep but having a lot of back issues this week. I can't seem to get comfortable in any position in bed. Since I'm getting nauseous when I try to lay on my side; I am having to lay on my back but that ends up hurting my back more so really there is no win here.

Weight:
I have gained about 6 pounds so far.

Dizziness:
The Same

Back Pain:
This week I have really noticed back pain all over my back: shoulder pain (from what I assume I'm getting during sleep), lower back pain and tail bone pain. Anytime I transition from a seated position to a standing position I get a sharp sharp pain in my tail bone. So I feel like an old lady getting out of my office chair and the car. The lower back pain I am sure is because of the gain in my stomach area since this is where I have gained all my weight. I remember when I went to a birthing class with my best friend Sarah they had mentioned using a tennis ball which I have done over these past few years and it really does work. So all week I have been using the tennis ball to work out the pain in my shoulders. I called the doctor about the tail bone pain and lower back pain and they said I should try Tylenol, sitting on a pillow, and a heating pad. If the pain doesn't get better than I need to come in for an evaluation and may need Physical Therapy during the pregnancy. Which caused me to of course contact my good friend who is a PT for her advice. I did find a pillow in our storage room at work that I am sitting on now in my office and it is helping. I also have a heating pad (rice sock) now at work and one at home that I am using for my lower back and shoulder pain. From what the doctor said, this kind of pain is normal but typically not until later in pregnancy, however, since I had lower back pain before pregnancy (from back in HS days) this pain can happen sooner which it obviously is.


This Friday I had my first scare which made me so emotional. I had gone to the grocery store for Dog food and other items and had no problem getting the 33 pound bag of dog food into my cart so I figured I would be fine. They did offer, as they always do, to help me to my car but I figured I could do it, plus I knew it was raining and I didn't want the poor guy to get wet. When I was transferring the bag to my trunk I felt a pull/tear feeling in my lower stomach which immediately scared me. I finished loading my car and hit the road. Of course, I couldn't stop thinking about it so I texted my girlfriend Micheal who immediately called me and calmed my fears. So I was doing better until I got home and started telling Dave which then brought me to tears again. He so lovingly wrapped me in his arms, trying to calm me and reassure me that everything was fine and he would get the dog food from now on. I think part of this breakdown was due to my exhaustion that I was already feeling. Luckily I have had no spotting and all seems fine but I know this was my bodies way of telling me enough is enough and I need to be careful.

Overall all is well!!! We are so excited and made our first big purchase this week. We bought our new Stroller Set. The color I have been wanting has been out of stock for the past several months and reviews say it goes fast when it does come back in stock, so when I got the email it was back in stock, on sale, with $3 shipping; I had to jump on it! Looking forward to getting it at the beginning of October.

We also got the results of my bloodwork that they did several weeks ago when we met with our OBGYN. Everything was fine and looks good but I am not immune to the Fifth Disease which is spread through kiddos. Since I work with kids and am in and out of about 15 schools I got worried. On Oct 11 I am meeting with the doctor to go over all the details and see if she will comply with my request. There is no vacine to prevent from getting it, they would have to do bloodwork to see if I test positive for it or not and then monitor Jelly Bean pretty closely if I do test positive. It's very rare that I would get it but my body typically does all the rare, 1 in a million things so I want to be safe and smart with how I handle this. I am hoping the doctor will allow me to come in monthly for bloodwork just to monitor it since my work situation is unique and there may never be a way for me to know if I have been exposed to the disease.

No comments: