Sunday, September 23, 2012

14 Weeks!


We have made it to 14 weeks!! Only 26 weeks left! 

Here's how I'm feeling this week:

Jelly Bean is now the size of a Navel Orange, approximately 4.5 inches in length and 2-3 ounces. 

Nausea:
Feeling it more at night, after I eat big meals. I know I could eat smaller meals but with my work schedule I am lucky to get lunch when I do and I eat breakfast in the car usually. I do try to snack often but the stomach ache and nausea hits at night. Smells have also really gotten to me this week. 

Fatigue:
The same

Bathroom Runs:
The Same

Cravings: 
Sweets primarily still and mostly unhealthy things which I know is bad. When I think of a salad or chicken my stomach turns. I'm trying to eat fruits and have a glass of V8 Splash juice every day in order to get my vegetables and fruit. 

Sleeping:
Sleeping better! Finally gave up on fighting my body about trying not to sleep on my stomach. I am normally finding myself waking up on my stomach even if I go to sleep on my side or back. So I'm done fighting it, when my body gets uncomfortable on my stomach my body should naturally just stop having me roll onto my stomach. 

Weight:
I haven't really weighed myself this week. I always forget in the morning. But I can say that all my weight gain is in my stomach area only for now, luckily! 

Brushing Teeth:
No more getting sick!! 

Emotional Breakdown:
None!

Dizziness:
Still getting dizzy often. 

I am truly enjoying the pregnancy. Every day I am reminded how lucky and fortunate I am, what a gift this child is. I was reading the other day how it is normal for woman who experience infertility and/or miscarriage to be much more on guard during their pregnancies and not 100% worry free until that baby is born. This is how I have been feeling, worried and scared that at any moment I could loose my precious Jelly Bean but I find comfort in prayer. I know there is a plan for David, Jelly Bean and I but that worry is always there. So reading that calmed me to know that it was normal and natural and fine to feel this way. Which is why every day that I wake up still pregnant is another blessed day!  

We have started looking at items for registry. We found our furniture, stroller, and all main items that we like. Colors are still up in the air as are names. All of this will be figured out in more detail once we find out the gender in little over a month. 

No comments: