Once again I am behind on this post. On Friday we hit the 13 week mark. This week has been a great one. We had our first OBGYN appointment on Friday and got to see Jelly Bean for the 3rd time. It's been 4 weeks since we saw him/her last so we were excited. Luckily a close girlfriend of mine had told me about drinking LOTS of water within the hour before my appointment; which was great advice. Dave was fortunately able to come with me. For some reason I was scared initially, I'm honestly not sure why but I was worried that maybe it was all a dream, that baby would be gone. But within seconds they found Jelly Bean and boy was he/she on the move. You would have thought I had drank sprite instead of water because Jelly Bean was doing flips, kicks, punches all over the place. He/She had us and the sonogram lady cracking up. The lady did state that that was a great sign because babies are suppose to be that active at that age. Heartbeat is still in the high 150 range but the little turkey wouldn't stay still at first to get a good reading. The sonogram Lady was also able to pretty much rule out Down Syndrome because she found the nose bone and Spina Bifida since the baby was moving all over the place and kicking so much. So that was fabulous news!!! We will do blood work still at week 16 to test for both these disorders, mainly because our doctor said she still wanted to test for it and that's when insurance would cover it. We could have done it during this visit but I didn't feel we needed to rush it especially since the sonogram lady had already pointed all this information out to us and because the results are not changing any decisions. Then Jelly Bean really had us laughing because the little turkey was being a stinker. As soon as the sonogram lady wanted/needed to remeasure the sac, Jelly Bean decided it was nap time. Guess where he decided to nap.....yup right on top of the sac and boy did he/she look comfortable. It was hilarious. The lady and Dave both were trying to poke and jiggle the baby so much that he/she would move but he/she was having nothing to do with it and just laid there with hands fisted by his/her face. The lady said our baby was already stubborn and showing personality which of course Dave remarked "I wonder where he/she gets that from??" ha ha do you mean me? well good! I'm fine with that, means he/she won't take crap from anyone and will be headstrong, independent person like their momma. Couldn't be prouder! ;) We are measuring right on track and actually a day ahead according to my doctor. So now we do not go back until Week 16 just for bloodwork and then our next sonogram will be at week 20; where we will find out the sex of Jelly Bean. Super excited!!!
Here is how I was feeling this past week:
Jelly Bean is the size of a Lemon at 3 inches in length and is now 1.5 ounces.
Nausea:
Getting Better but still present. Still in the evening time and more so right after I eat dinner.
Fatigue:
Getting Better but still present. Not needing a nap as soon as I get home anymore but still going to sleep around 9pm. I'm carrying water ball constantly work and drinking tons after stairs.
Bathroom Runs:
The Same.
Cravings:
Still the same. I really like pickles this week too! Still avoiding chicken unless it's fried. I have noticed I get full a lot faster now than I was a just a week ago. I am also not needing to snack as often.
Sleeping:
Not having pain this week luckily! Sleeping much better this week too, which is a nice improvement.
Weight:
I have noticed that I have gained approximately 5 pounds so far. I'm not sure if that's good or bad but my doctor didn't even mention it today so I am assuming no mention is good news.
Brushing Teeth:
Finally able to brush my teeth without getting sick every time. Still getting sick at times but not on a daily basis anymore. Thank goodness.
Emotional Breakdowns:
None This week! ha ha good news for all!
Dizziness:
Starting to notice any quick movements do cause me to get dizzy. I tend to have to pause so that I can let the dizzy spell pass and then am fine. I've read this is normal.
Still praying the Lord watch over my sweet Jelly Bean and protect him/her for these next 27 weeks.
I will try to remember to take and post a picture soon. Kinda of forgot to do that this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment