Sunday, January 30, 2011

New Family Addition


Well last weekend I went to PetSmart to get dog food for our babies and what do you know they are having a puppy adoption. I tend to avoid PetSmart during these days but normally when I do happen upon them they only have small dogs so it's easier to walk away since I know our next dog would have to be a German Shepard. Well I rounded that corner and what do you know all small dogs but one big German Shepard/Husky mix. He was sweetheart and I immediately called Dave. We talked about it that night because we could not get him that day because I had prior commitments. We phoned the shelter on Monday morning and they did still have him. So after work we went and checked him out. He was a little hyper for my liking but he had also been caged up for a week so I could understand. We decided to bring him home and see how he did. He is a 4 year old male dog. Very very loving. But boy did he stink and he was filthy!!! So we were worried about giving him a bath because we don't have a hose hook up in the backyard which only left the bathtub. We weren't sure how that would go. However, to our surprise he did great. He just sat there and let us rub all over him. We've had some rocky moments but this is an adjustment period and each day it seems to get better. He's a very smart dog and a great addition to the family.




















So we welcomed on Monday January 24th, 2011 Sentry Moore to our family!!!! :)

No comments: