Well I have some bad news. So here goes...
When I was younger I was in braces for almost 10 years. Braces came off, teeth shifted right back and they said at that time I needed to have jaw surgery but the braces would have to go back on. I said heck no, it was senior year and I was done! They said it would have to be done at some point. We looked into it after we got married but then my eye surgery needed to happen and I think vision is a tad more important. :) So I started looking into it again a few weeks ago and was told yes I do need to have the surgery after all. I told them I needed to do it while I am off in the summer and they said if I got in braces NOW that I could have the surgery in late July early Aug. This requires about a week of recovery from work and a month of liquid, soft foods. I have one of the best orthodontist in the area and we are now looking at oral surgeons. However, insurance doesn't cover braces for anybody over the age 19, and I don't think I can pull that off anymore ;) so it's all out of pocket then on top of that the expense for surgery. Well to do this and then also have the expense of adoption...it just didn't seem smart. We're not comfortable creating debt with all the Ortho stuff and then on top of that adding debt for the adoption. But I also can't see myself doing the adoption and surgery second because seriously....I'm not going to want to chase around a toddler, infant when I'm in that much pain and that long of a recovery period, which means I wouldnt EVER get around to this surgery until I'm much older, and then the recovery would be 10X worst! So we sat down and discussed the options and it is, to us, the smartest thing to have this surgery which will help other issues I've been having, and get it as close to paid off as possible and then restart the adoption process late next fall.
This was a very hard decision because I want a baby so bad, I want to be a mother so bad...but I also have to think of what would be the best move? Would bringing a child into our home with thousands of dollars of debt be smart? heck no! So it's with a sad heart that I must say that we are putting the adoption on hold for at least a year. I know it's going to be hard, because we were so close to starting the adoption process up and I'm so ready but instead I get braces next Tuesday and we start this other not so fun journey. There is a reason for everything and I know it will all fall in place in time.
No comments:
Post a Comment