Wow time has flown! Its already April and I haven't posted anything since January. Forgive me friends. I will try to catch you all up...luckily we don't live extremely exciting lives. :)
Well in my last post I mentioned us getting a new dog. He's adjusting extremely well. That first week was a tough one but its been smooth since.
February brought some crazy crazy snow/ice days. We were out of school for 5 days (Tues-Friday and then the next Wed) due to all the ice. I seriously felt like I lived up north. The adventure to Walmart in random pieces of clothing, in layers to stay warm, wrapped up in scarves and gloves and boots attempting not to fall on my ass. Surprisingly we did not fall but it was quit a scene at Walmart with everyone dressed like me and waddling around. Us Texans are not use to that ice stuff! :) The dogs loved it though! However Sentry escaped out the front door on the iciest day which meant there we go out roaming our neighborhood to find the dang dog who was just happy as a clam. So the rest of February was spent going crazy at work trying to catch up from a week of missed work.
March brought on travels to Houston and Spring Break, also discovered I am going to be one emotional mommy the first day of daycare...whenever we have children. We had to board the boys (Cooper and Sentry) while we were in Houston and I cried my eyes out when we left them at the vet. It was so funny and pathetic but they are my babies so it was tough. However, dave and I both realized if I am crying when I leave my dogs what in the world am I going to do with our kids? :) If you know Dave you know how much he found all this hilarious. We went to Houston and got to see my cousins Rich and Amy and their girls. It had been a very long time since I had seen them so it was nice. I remember holding and playing with their oldest daughter when she was a baby.....yea she's a Junior in High School now. Talk about feeling old. We also got to see Dave's brother and my sister-in-law and our niece and nephew. They are to cute and growing up so fast....the kids not my brother/sister-in-law. :) We also got to spend some time with old friends Josh and Miranda. We then had an eventful midnight drive back to DFW. Crazy times. March also brought a lazy, much needed fun spring break.
I also went on a ride-out with Dave...only took me 3 years. :) I got to see him in action, of course he wouldn't let me go on most of the calls; which didn't ease my nerves one bit. But it was still fun. The people he deals with are very interesting and some very crazy. It was good to see though how much the guys on his shift have each others back and also just to get to know the guys that are out there with him. I was highly impressed with myself that I stayed awake the entire time! Wives get to go do these ride-out's 3 or 4 times a year so I'm already ready for the next time. I think I have to wait 3 months though.
Oh and Dave and I tried the HCG diet where Dave lost 18 and I lost 10...woohoo!!! Finally something worked for me. I swear tried it all diets, workouts, so yay! Now I know most people are like 500 calories!! are you crazy!!! Now I didn't stick to 500 calories strictly just tried to stay around that total. I just kinda figured if this diet is going to make my body think it's pregnant...what harm can it do because my body already thinks it's pregnant :) lol But seriously hoping that loosing weight with the help of this diet will maybe jump start my lovely hormone girly system and maybe just maybe I will be able to get pregnant! Bust trust me I'm not holding my breath, just an idea.
The past few months have been hard though because everyone and their dog have announced they are pregnant either for the first or second time. And like I've said time and time again...I'm extremely happy for them but after the 8th announcement I was ready for someone to just punch me....well not really. But it's been hard and most people just don't get that. I've become a pro though at throwing baby showers and buying gifts for babies. I know there is plan and a time for everything....but when it's been 2 years...let's just say I'm getting use to the long phrase on the test. However, we were asked this past week to be Godparents to one of our close friends son, Travis. It was a total surprise and a huge honor that they would consider and choose us. We are now Godparents to three amazing kiddos!!! We must be doing something right for 3 friends to choose us to be the designated uncle and aunt to their kids. We are blessed and if the Lord doesn't bless us with our own kids we have these three sweethearts to love on and spoil!
Let's see I think you are now caught up. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment