Well this year has surely had it's up and downs. Been a busy year.
I've been in my job now for a full year and am so glad where I am at. I love working with a school district, I love my kids and I love the support you can provide when you are there 5 days a week all day. This year we battled with infertility to the extreme. I started hormone therapy in Feb, acupuncture in April, in and out of doctor offices for the first part of the year. Then in July I told Dave I had had enough. I was tired of the emotional, physical roller coaster I had been on for the past year. We sat down and after many discussions and a lot of prayer we decided that we wanted to look into adoption. We were very excited to start this new journey and we both felt this is where the Lord was leading us. The first week of August we went on our honeymoon (finally) to Sonoma and Napa, CA. It was the most romantic, relaxing time for us and it was so needed and appreciated. We returned home to start looking for adoption agencies and to the start of the new school year. We finally found our agency in mid August and attended an orientation and CPR training in September. We've been on a waiting list since and should be getting off this list in January 2011. Dave, luckily, had Thanksgiving off this year since his normal days off happen to be on Thursdays. It was a true blessing to have him here and my family went out of there way to all travel from Oklahoma, San Antonio, and St. Louis to come to us and do Thanksgiving here at our house. Christmas was busy with both sides of the family but was great that we got to see and spend time with both of them. 2010 was a great year and we grew a lot this year and are excited for our new adventures. We look forward to see what 2011 will bring.
No comments:
Post a Comment