Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas!

















Pics: (Left-Right) My wonderful husband and me, Santa, My cousin Michelle and me, The Galindo Cousin's, Cousins Sabrina and Cassie ,
Immediate family cousins and extended family cousins with Santa,


Well I hope everyone had a fantastic and blessed Christmas. We had so much fun celebrating the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ this year as a family. Dave and I went down to San Antonio for Christmas to see my family. I was so glad we were able to go down there because it is not often that we are able to see my family due to the distance between DFW and SA. On Christmas Eve we went to church and then went over to my Momo and Popo's (Dad's parents) and spent the evening there eating tamales and cookies. All the cousins were there and I am amazed every time I see them how fast they are growing. It's sad how fast people grow up when you rarely ever see them, I still expect them to be small.. running around everywhere. We took lots of pics this year which are posted. Our tradition on that side of the family is that Santa comes each year to see us. I do not remember a time that he has not come. (We are all good girls and boys ;) ) We love Santa and love seeing the kids reactions when he comes. Santa knows all of our names and makes it a point to say hello to everyone. I told Dave that this one tradition is one thing I want our kids to partake in when they are young because it is very exciting and fun. I look forward to sharing this with our children. Then on Christmas day we go to my Grandma and Grandpa's house (Mom's side) and do breakfast tacos/tamales. Then we open gifts one person at a time going from youngest to oldest each person opens 1 gift at a time. This does take awhile but it's a blast because you get to see what everyone gets. After all the gifts were open we hung out drinking margaritas and talking. Unfortunately, Dave had to go back home after gifts were open due to work. I was able to stay with my family because I was able to get off work at Ann Taylor. (luckily!) Like I said before, it is not often that I get to see my family, so it meant a lot that I was able to stay and spend some quality time with them and not be rushed there and back. I love my husband because he does truly get this and understand that I love him with all my heart but I also love my family and NEED to see them and be around them when I have the chance. Things can change so quickly in our lives and I want to be around them as much as I can. So yes, I know, I have the best husband ever. ;)

My parents, brother and I headed back to Fort Worth on Sat. Dave's family had their Christmas gathering on Sat evening; which, Dave was able to go to. Sadly, I was not able to go see everyone since I was on the road back that same day from San Antonio. Dave had a really good time being with his family and getting to hang out with everyone. Since I was not there I would like to once again thank each of you for the gifts you gave us, we love everything.

My brother is still here in Fort Worth with us and will be here through the New Years. The three of us have been hanging out the past several days. Dave and Alex are getting to bond a lot more which I am very excited about. It is very important (and always has been) that Dave and my brother have a close relationship because my brother is one of THE most important people in my life and someone I would do anything for. I am blessed to have him as my brother, heck I don't know where I would be if it wasn't for him. It's fun being around the two of them...let's just say we laugh a lot. I did spit tea almost out my nose today because I was laughing so hard, thanks to the two of them. We have been working on getting everything together for our New years party tomorrow. Hope everyone has a Happy New Years!!! God Bless 2009!

No comments: