Well it's been an eventful week but in a way not really. Dave and I have been busy working. I've been selling lots of Jewelry lately before the holidays, so that's been fun!! This weekend has been super busy with different events. Friday was Micha's Jewelry party which was a lot of fun. Today was Dave's aunts Christmas party (awesome food! and great company!). I got to see my cousin Dani this morning on my way to Dave's aunts and we talked about everything going on in both our lives at the present moment. I am so blessed to have her so close, she gave me some great advice and is such a great support to Dave and I. Then we met up with two of my girlfriends from college (Paige and Lauren) and their husbands for dinner. It was so good seeing them. Paige is a newlywed and Lauren and Cody are expecting their first little one. It's a baby girl!!! We are all excited for her. It's crazy how much we all have grown up, have jobs, are married, and starting families now. It's all very exciting!
I can't wait for Christmas this year. Dave should have off and we are going to be going down to San Antonio to see my entire family. At Thanksgiving my mother told me that my dad's side was going to make tamales this year again. This was a family tradition that my dad's side always did growing up. We'd all get together and hand make tamales (assembly line fashion) and then later on in the day after church eat them for dinner before Santa came. Well sadly this tradition has been discontinued for several years now due to different reasons. We still have tamales but it's not the same without that family touch. So it is very exciting that we are doing this again this year because my great aunt and uncle are coming in and they are going to put on the entire event so my grandparents can relax and teach them how to do it. I am excited that Dave will be able to participate in this childhood tradition of mine that I loved so much. I remember fun times, laughing, smiles, and that warm family feel. I cannot wait because there are cousins of mine that have never been able to experience this fun family past-time. I am also excited to see my mom's side again and do our typical margarita nights, christmas cookies, and spending some quality time together. Being around my family for the holidays will be so nice and I am really looking forward to getting away and going back home.
As for the house we are slowly decorating it to get into the holiday spirit. I need to put my tree up (hopefully tomorrow) and we need to put our lights up. The fireplace is decorated already. Once it's all done I will take pics and post them for yall.
2 comments:
WOW Girl you are crazy....homemade tamales are way better yes, but i remember making them one year....what work does it take. Sadly that is all i remember of them is how long it took to make them. I hope you have a great time. take care
I CANT WAIT EITHER!!
Post a Comment