Thursday, January 1, 2009

This Past Year

Well the year has ended and a new one has started. We have had a great 2008 and had some big events this year. We have been truly blessed this year thanks to our awesome God. We started the year with Dave starting in the police academy in Feb. Then in April we united our lives in marriage. It was a beautiful ceremony and such an awesome day blessed by our Heavenly Father. In May we added an addition to our family. We now have a cocker spaniel named Cooper. He is a hoot and keeps us on our toes. He is such a boy. Shortly after we started looking to buy a house. We were so sick of living in an apartment. Finally in August we found "THE ONE" and we closed on the house in September (before all the craziness happened in the economy, thank goodness). We are homeowners!! That same day that we closed Dave graduated from the police academy. He is officially a Police Officer. Oh yea I'm married to a man in uniform. Dave loves his job and on Dec 29th he was officially on his own patroling the streets. I am so proud of him. We moved into our house at the end of Oct. In June I got a second job with Ann Taylor, which I LOVE! It is so very different but very fun. I have made some awesome friends (co-workers) that I never would have known. In August I was diagnosed with Endometriosis and had surgery to remove all the scar tissue. It was only day surgery and I had a quick recovery. In Nov I decided to start selling jewelry with Premier Designs. I have really enjoyed this but haven't really done a lot with it. Just selling here and there. I got lots of jewelry that is mine so I have been enjoying having all this new gorgeous jewelry to wear. Plus the discounts for both jobs are amazing! This year brought many positives but sadly we did loose someone very special to us. David's grandfather passed at the beginning of the year and joined Our Father up in Heaven. We miss him so much because of the man he was to the both of us. He always made me feel like part of the family and highly respected Dave and supported him every second. He was a man like no other and I considered him like a grandfather. We loved being around him and hearing all his many stories which we will not forget. I know I am blessed that I got to know him and I know he is one of our gaurdian angels watching and protecting David and I both.

That pretty much sums up 2008. As you can see many big changes occured and we have come a long way since January. Thanks to all of those that have supported us throughout this past year. We look forward to 2009 and what new experiences we will be blessed with along the way. We are excited to welcome our new nephew/neice this upcoming year. We also look forward to growing in our faith together and becoming closer to our awesome God. We are excited to see what is to come.

No comments: