Today was one of those days that makes me proud to do what I do (job wise). I was working with a kiddo today and had the opportunity to introduce her to a new experience. She didn't know what a carousel was and had never riden one before. She is totally blind. So I was attempting to describe it verbally to her but knew that hands on experience is always better. I went to ask if they would allow her to feel the horses so she could grasp an understanding of what it was. To my surprise they offered to let her ride it free of charge. They allowed her to feel three of the animals within a row and then we got her on one and I stood next to her to verbally tell her what was about to happen and to protect her from falling. She got to ride the carousel and the joy on her face was priceless. She had a blast and it's those types of things we all take for granted. I was excited that I could introduce something that most kids by her age have experienced many times. It's this type of day that makes me excited about the next day. These experiences are rare to come across but when they do it's all worth it. I am thankful to her for reminding me not to take any moment for granted and to treasure every experience.
Today I also finally found a Lowes and got some pretty pansies and some rosemary. I've already started planting the pansies in the front flower beds. I'm starting to think that once summer comes I'm going to gut both the flower beds and put new bushes in because I don't like the bushes that are currently there. Not sure why, I just don't. I'm planning to plant the rosemary in the back in a pot that is back there. Then I can use it when I cook. My goal is to plant several herbs in pots and have my own little herb garden. That's only if Cooper doesn't eat it all. Dave was shocked seeing me out there planting flowers. He told me he never would have imagined me with a green thumb. I don't know why, heck I worked for a landscaping company for 2 years in college. I may be girly but I am completely down with getting my hands dirty. I'm really excited about being able to garden and fix up the yard really nice.
No comments:
Post a Comment