Sunday, November 23, 2008

Letting it all out! Happy Thanksgiving!

So Dave and I just watched the movie Wall-E. I must say that is one of the best movies I have seen in a LOOOOONG time. Hilarious! I love my husband because he surprised me tonight with it...he bought it for me. He knows me so well.

Well as for what is going on here Dave is still on midnight shifts; which does stink because I don't get to have him there with me at night to sleep with. I do miss that but I know that this is what it will be like for the next year or more. He placed his bid for this upcoming year and got midnight shift with his days off being sun and mon. You kinda sign up for that when you marry a cop. We can do this. Heck we did long distance for a year and a half and that was going weeks without seeing each other. I think we can go with not seeing each other at 5 nights a week. We atleast get to do dinner together each night. 

I am glad it's Thanksgiving this week because most of my schools are out. I only work with 2 kiddos this week doing field trips to the mall and downtown Fort Worth. The rest of the week I will be working Ann Taylor. Not looking forward to Black (Crazy) Friday this week. As for Thanksgiving Dave has to work that night and he will not be able to go see family because he will be sleeping during their Thanksgiving due to him not getting off until 7am and having to be back at work by 11pm. I was very sad that he was having to work because Thanksgiving is my FAVORITE holiday. The one holiday I look forward to each year and canNOT miss. Since we were not going to be able to go to Dave's family for Thanksgiving due to his schedule we are going to spend the holiday apart. He knows how special this holiday is for me so he told me to go up to my parents and do Thanksgiving with my mom's side up in Oklahoma. I am looking forward to seeing my family because it has been since April since I've seen my brother and since September since I have seen my mom's side. We are all VERY close and I am glad to be spending this holiday with family because Thanksgiving to me is suppose to be all about family and being thankful for what we are blessed with and for those in our family. I only wish Dave could have been able to participate and spend our first Thanksgiving as a married couple together but maybe next year. My parents are sending Thanksgiving dinner home with me for him to have on Friday once he gets home and hopefully my grandparents and aunt will stop by on their way home on Sunday so they can see Dave and our new house. I need some family right now around me because I don't feel that I have that here. I was raised seeing my family (grandparents/aunts/uncles/cousins) every sunday and having them always around me. Now I'm married and really want that connection to continue but am unable to have that here because my family lives away and they are the only ones that seem to understand that desire for family connection and the importance of it. Luckily there are a few (family and those that I consider family) here that I do have to fall on when I need to and I thank God for them. If I could pick up San Antonio and Norman and move it into the DFW area I would. I love DFW but it's not San Antonio and I need my parents and brother. I miss my family..I miss the traditions..I miss that feeling of being home and having people that are always there for you no matter what. I miss that big/warm family feel. I think I miss most the closeness of family, being able to call each other and talk...actually talk and meet for dinner and drinks and have a bond with one another. I need that! Sorry this has kinda broken off into my own soap box but these are my feelings and I need to voice them. For those in my family reading this...I love you, miss you all, move to Fort Worth! :) No Just kidding...well kinda. I hope to all those who may read this blog, friends and family. Value your family on this Thanksgiving and really think about what family is to you. What does it mean to you? We were blessed with these people by Our Heavenly Father and we should embrace each other on this day but also EVERY day after. Be Thankful for each other and that we are fortunate enough to have one another in our lives because there are people out there that do not have family to love and support them.  Let's not take that for granted because one day you may not have them and then what? To everbody that reads this...I love you I thank God for you and I hope this year we can all grow closer. God Bless and have a safe and wonderful Thanksgiving!!!!