Thursday, January 3, 2013

The Holidays!





The holidays were great for the Moore family. We celebrated with Dave's Aunt's family the Saturday before Christmas and then with his family and his mother's side of the family on Sunday. It was nice to see everyone, especially those from out of town and all the nieces and nephews who are growing like weeds. Dave for the first time in 5 years had off for both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, mainly because the holiday happened to fall on his regular days off. Because of this we were able to go visit my parents up in Norman, OK. It was so nice and we got snow on Christmas, which was pretty. It was nice to spend the holidays with my family and was the first time in years since all 4 members of my family (mom, dad, brother, and I) have been together on the actual holiday together due to Dave's work schedule as well as my brothers work schedule who also works nights and 2 jobs. We returned home and a few days later my family drove down to Dallas to be with us for New Years for my Annual New Years Eve Party. While they were here we painted Aubrey's nursery, Tiffany Blue, which came out great! It came out just the way I imagined! I also took 2 pillows to the lady that is making Aubrey's bedding and am so excited to get the bedding in mid-January. On New Years Eve we started our day out with my family and Dave's mother joining us for a 3D/4D sonogram. It was purely amazing to see sweet Aubrey! She was yawning and smiling a lot and you could see her sweet lips and big cheeks and long, skinny fingers. I am so glad we did this and Dave even made it a point to tell me how happy he was that we did it. We got 4 pictures in color, a CD of all the pictures, and a DVD of the entire session to music. That night we hosted our Annual New Years Eve Party and for the first time Dave got to partake because he was off. It was so nice!! I of course, as usual, ran myself ragged making all types of food for everyone. Luckily I had the help of my family who decorated and helped me cook so I could sit some. Everyone had a blast and the food was a hit! We actually caught the ball dropping because in the past we have been known to miss it because we're playing games. It was nice to kiss my husband at midnight and not just have a phone call and kiss in the morning. So overall the break was fantastic but I needed a few more days of recovery before going back to work. But we are now officially 3 months away from meeting our sweet Aubrey! Can't wait to celebrate the Holiday next year with her and our families.



No comments: