Monday, October 8, 2012

Crazy Weekend!

So this 3-day weekend was supposed to be nice and relaxing but God had a sense of humor this weekend. On Saturday night I noticed some spotting right before bed, then it continued all day Sunday and seemed to get worst as the day progressed so we called the on-call nurse who told us if it got worst I needed to go to the ER but if not to call first thing in the morning so the doctor could get me in for a check. So of course all night I'm freaking out and can't get good sleep. Luckily, all day today there was no spotting but I was "attempting" to take it easy. I had a plan to lay around the house all day and take it easy, no lifting until we knew all was good with Jelly Bean. ha ha little did I know this was not going to happen. So starting at 11:30am the electricity flickered. Then again around noon, and then almost immediately it just went out. Which somehow caused the fire alarm to go off in our bedroom and we have very high ceilings so the step stool wasn't going to hack it. I then had to go get Dave's big ladder and climb to the top to reach the darn fire alarm. I then ripped that sucker out of the ceiling and started trying to get the darn thing to shut off, but finally gave up and smothered it in a comforter and stuck it in our guest bedroom for Dave to battle with later. So I finally lay back on the couch to read a book since electricity is out and then went to get ready for my appointment when I remembered if the electricity is off my garage may not open and I can't be lifting the door by myself. I luckily remembered I have a neighbor that works from home so I texted her to see if she could help me and explained the situation, so of course she said she would come help with the garage. Then she texted me that her husband had gotten home and she would send him over. The second he got here the electricity came back on so we're thinking "oh good the garage should work". Well nope, it didn't. It acted like it was going to open but then wouldn't. So my neighbor is trying to figure it out but nothing is working so we decide he'll just open manually, I'll drive out and he'll close behind me. Great idea, right? So I get the Mazda car keys, notice my automatic key thingy isn't working to open or lock doors, but I get in and go to start the car. Guess what...it didn't start!!! I'm about to slam my head on steering wheel and on the verge of just having an emotional breakdown right on the spot, but all I can do is laugh. My neighbor is like "seriously!?!" HA HA my thoughts exactly. I'm just laughing and asking "Really Lord, Really? Are you Serious?" So he ends up having to go get his car and jump my car which worked thank goodness. His wife came over and we were talking and decided it was a good thing he was home because her and I would have just said F it and she would have just handed me her keys. Poor Dave is in training today so he's getting flooded with my text messages every time something else goes wrong and I can tell he's getting flustered because he can't be here.  I finally head to the doctors, my neighbor gave me his jumper cables just in case. Once at the doctors I find two spots open next to each other so that I can back into the spot in case I need to get a jump when I leave. I tell myself I can deal with all the BS of today as long as Jelly Bean is ok. They get me in pretty quickly and do their check-up and all looks good internally, no bleeding! So then they try the doppler and can't find Jelly Bean, which of course makes me panic which I know she saw because she told me not to panic sometimes it's harder to find them using the doppler. She keeps finding my heartbeat but no baby, but finally she finds the heartbeat and it sounds heavenly. Fast and strong! So we get ready to end our visit and she gives me some instructions. I guess I was asking the same question over and over "So the baby is ok? The heartbeat was strong?"so she looked at my chart and asked me "I saw you have been pregnant twice, did you have a miscarriage before?" to which I answered yes and she quickly said "you know what, let's do a sonogram. I'm sure it will help ease your mind and we can make sure all is well." I greatly appreciated her kindness. Jelly Bean was great and sitting very low in my stomach (which was probably why they had trouble finding him/her on doppler). Jelly Bean was facing us with arms crossed and legs bent as if to say "what do you want!?" When the lady tried to get a picture of the face little one put her/his arm in front of their face as if to say "no more pictures!" which made me laugh because little one will have to grow out of that with a mommy who plans to photograph every moment and an uncle who is a professional photographer and always has his camera on hand. But it was so nice to see little one and hear the heartbeat which was in the 160's. Praise the Lord for the good news, the relief after a crazy day. and my blood pressure was perfectly fine even after such a stressful day! 

So this week I've been ordered to just take it easy but I can do all my normal activities. I go back to the doctor on Thursday for blood work and my normal appointment I  already had scheduled. So to sum it up, this weekend has been an adventure but so glad it ended the way it did. Still praying I have no more spotting and all continues to go smooth. 

No comments: