Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Moving past 1st!

Last Friday we went to the doctor for my first ultrasound since taking Clomid. I had one dominant follicle on the left and another smaller one on the right. The dominant follicle was approx a size 16 but needed to be a 20+ to be considered "Ready". So they scheduled me to come back on Monday. I met all my cravings this weekend including sushi, tuna, favorite mixed drinks, and delicious wine. I wanted to get all those out of the way in case (God willing), I cannot partake in these items for 9 months. We went back on Monday for an ultrasound and GREAT NEWS!!! The dominant follicle on the  left has grown to 20. There was a second follicle on the left (I think) that was at a size 16 or so. He did not even check my right ovary which is where that second follicle was on Friday. I am assuming he did not look there since they needed at least one to be ready and he saw that one on the left. So potentially I could have 1-3 "READY" follicles. Dave gave me my shot last night at 10pm which was highly nerve-wracking. The shot is what will force ovulation to occur. I really tried not to stress but if you know me you know I stress. I was stressed we would do the shot wrong, screw something up and I have no idea if we really did it right or not. Time will tell. So tomorrow (Wednesday) we go and have the IUI done. I am scheduled for 9am. Please pray.

I am nervous and excited. I pray this works on the first try but this is the farthest we have ever gotten in 3 years so I'll take that knowledge if I have to and battle forward next month. I have found this month that I am far more relaxed and truly have grasped that this is going to work in God's timing, not mine. I feel there is a reason we were guided back to this as an option, why adoption continued to get side-tracked. God has plans for us and it may be to get pregnant through IUI this time, or next time, or this could just be another step on this journey. I am at the point where I have accepted there is nothing I can do to change the outcome, this is completely out of my control. I am excited to see where the Lord guides us and what HIS plans are for us. This is just another chapter on this journey. I've made it to first and we're moving forward now to 2nd!

No comments: