Friday, February 3, 2012

Fertility Round 2

Well I just noticed I haven't posted since September, 5 months! Dang, I've been bad!!! Sorry guys! Well Let's see I've recovered from surgery great, got my braces off a few weeks ago, and now wearing retainers. Throughout this process my cycles started, I returned to my hormone therapist, and started being monitored by my OB. Things were improving (or so we thought), I was having blood work done monthly,and  we were told in Dec I was ovulating. Well then I missed my cycle in December, we didn't get our hopes up (luckily) but I got zero support from my OB. I was testing negative on at home pregnancy test and blood test but was having NUMEROUS pregnancy symptoms. My OB couldn't explain it but I did some research and had found that individuals with PCOS at times will not test positive until week 6-9. All this was ignored and eventually I did have a cycle and went in for my normal day 3 test. However, this was not a "normal"cycle and had me concerned because of specific things that were happening. By this point I was so annoyed with my OB and contacted the Fertility Doctor we had met with over a year ago. I scheduled a consultation with him, we sat down, discussed what was going on, and pretty much found out what my OB was telling was pure BS. I WAS NOT ovulating and probably had NEVER been. He explained it so clearly and it frustrated me to no end that my OB had not done the same. Be straight with us, don't beat around the bush. I learned a lot from him and was given so much hope because he was so confident he could get me to ovulate. He further explained our options and we left encouraged again. It's been 2-3 years since we did our last CLOMID/IUI process however, we are going to try it again. My clomid dosage will be increased from 100mg to 150mg since they know that the 100 didn't work a few years ago. So the roller coaster of emotions, frustrations, bitchiness, no patience I had experienced and hated a few years ago is not only going to be repeated but also intensified (possibly) since my dosage will be increased. So warning tread carefully! ;) lol Just kidding, well maybe. Dave and I have thought long and hard about it, prayed about it, and we both feel why not try again? It's with a different doctor who seems to have a better understanding, so we will see. I start my progesterone tomorrow, wait for a cycle, and then we will begin the process. I pray it works, we get some results, but we are still looking into adoption and waiting to hear from the agency I've been in contact with. All of this is emotional, and all of this is sure to bring a lot of roller coaster emotions.

This entire experience has been very emotional however, one thing I can say is that I have found that writing about this has helped other friends/family know they are not alone and helped me because writing has always been therapy for me. For these reasons I will continue to share our journey with you all. So bring on Round 2!

No comments: