Saturday, February 18, 2012

The Process Begins

Dave and I went to the doctor to start our 2nd journey with Clomid/IUI. I had a ultrasound on Thursday morning to see where I was at currently so they have something to compare it too at the following ultrasound. They have put me on estrogen 2 times per day and Clomid- 3x/day for 5 days. I will go back in next Friday the 24th to have another ultrasound done. If they see that I am progressing appropriately then they will set up a date/specific time that I have to give myself a shot in my stomach. This shot (Ovidrel) is what makes my body ovulate. If by next Friday I am not where I need to be they will do another ultrasound 2 days later. Once we do the Ovidrel then 36 hours later we will do the IUI process. Two weeks later they will give me a pregnancy test. :)

So we now wait and pray all goes as planned. It's funny how I knew this was going to happen this month but didn't realize just how quickly it was all going to happen. I'm excited and hopeful. Praying and knowing that Jesus is in control and he has a plan and that everything we have gone through has been hard and emotional however, we have done a lot over the past few years that would not have been possible if we had had kids when we first started trying. I felt a peace last night as I prayed, that maybe he circled us back to this point because now we're ready. My surgery's have been done and I am healed, we've taken our honeymoon, we've taken a few trips together, we've gotten things done around the house, we rescued Sentry, and we've been able to pay down debt. It's funny how things come full circle when you never intended it too.

No comments: