Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Pleasant Surprise!

Today I got a delightful surprise! I've been trying to figure out what Aubrey is weighing now since we have not been back to the doctor since her 2 month appointment and are not due to go back until the 16th. I had a feeling she was 12 pounds now but wasn't sure and had no idea how I would figure it out. Well my smart mommy suggested that I weigh myself and then weigh myself holding Aubrey and get the difference. As simple as that is I probably would never have come up with it. ha ha So this morning after breakfast and after her nap I finally remembered to do it. I haven't weighed myself in probably over a month or two. I'm use to seeing a high number, thank you PCOS, so I just prefer to avoid the scale! So this morning I got on the scale and to my surprise I was BELOW my pre-pregnancy weight!!!!! I was down to what I had been after my jaw surgery!!!! HOLY MOLY!!!!! I had to weigh myself again because I was in shock. No way was I seeing these numbers correctly because I have done nothing but breastfeed Aubrey. No way would I get that "lucky", things don't work like that for me. How could this be?? It wasn't until this afternoon that it really hit me. I'm still not to sure and plan on doing some research on if this happens with PCOS but for now I am elated!

Now before you start cursing me out in your head please remember that because of PCOS I have always carried weight in my stomach region (common characteristic of PCOS) and looked pregnant but never could get pregnant. I had gotten so use to people asking the question, "How far along are you?" years before I was ever pregnant. I would say I was considered "overweight" for the past few years and had just pretty much accepted it. Over the years I have tried working out, had a personal trainer, tried so many diets, done various treatments and NOTHING....NOTHING worked. I still remember a doctor telling me how hard it is for people with PCOS to loose weight and keep it off because of what PCOS does to your homones and body. This has been true for me because the last time I lost weight I was on a liquid only diet because that was all I could eat (Jaw Surgery) but that weight came back after...not fully but still a good amount. I could not get pregnant naturally because of the weight and other PCOS symptoms. So to be under my pregnancy weight is a true shocker. I had noticed over the past few weeks that jeans, shorts, and shirts that I haven't been able to wear in years were now fitting again. Most of my pants/shorts are falling off of me now but I didn't think to much of it. 

However short lived this weight loss may be it gives me hope that maybe by the grace of God this weight will stay off and/or I will continue to loose and that maybe just maybe we will be able to get pregnant naturally the next time. How I would love this to happen!!! Our fertility doctor said that it was possible that my body would get back in sync and hormones would fall back into normal range after pregnancy but this was highly unlikely. He didn't want me to get my hopes up because in most cases women with my issue have to come back to him the next time they want to conceive. I've already accepted this and am fine with it; but this weight loss is a huge blessing that maybe just maybe we won't! How awesome would that be!!?? I was ready to have weight issues after pregnancy especially after seeing how much I had gained during the pregnancy. I was ready to have issues loosing the weight but never in a trillion years would I have expected to see the number I saw this morning. Praise God! 

Now if this is short lived, so be it. I got my miracle, my sweet gift from God and if the weight comes rushing back on after I am done breast feeding so be it. I am just going to live in the now and enjoy this moment. In the picture below I have not been able to wear either the shirt or shorts in about 4 years (I throw nothing away) and now the only place they are tight is in the chest. Very exciting! 



And FYI Aubrey is approximately 12-12.5 pounds!! :) 

No comments: