Thursday, June 27, 2013

3 Months!





Well I am a little late on this post but Aubrey is now 3 months old! She is so stinkin cute and has so much personality as you can tell from the picture above. She enjoys sticking that tongue out at you. So here is what happened that 3rd month.

She's doing good with eating and is getting exactly what she needs. I still have to be cautious of what I eat though. 

She had her first party when she joined me for my office's End of The Year Pool Party! We didn't get in the pool because I feel she is still to young but we got loved on by everyone. She did so great with everyone and in the heat. She also got to meet her girlfriend Harper (coworkers daughter) who is about 3-4 months older. They took their first picture together. Can't wait t see how these two girls grow. 

This Month I also returned back to work. It was nice to be back around adults and to know she was being cared for by family. The first 1/2 week I went back Dave watched Aubrey the first day and then his Aunt came and watched her that Thurs/Fri. The following two weeks my mom was here and watched her for us. 

The big, exciting thing this month is that Aubrey rolled!!! She was on her tummy and since she hates tummy time she figured out that if she pushed and wiggled enough she could get off of it to her back. She doesn't do it every time she is on tummy time and often just starts screaming for someone to come get her but she is able to do it so we will work on it further to get a roll more often. 

She also is getting SOOO much better with head control when on her tummy and will tolerate tummy time for longer periods. 


At night she no longer needs her arms swaddled and prefers to have them free so she can roll to her left side to sleep. She has also figured out how to keep the pacifier in her mouth when in this position by using the mattress or her hands to assist her. 

She is one happy baby when she wakes up on her own timing. She wakes up giggling and full of smiles. She also gets bashful during this time when you talk to her. It's truly the cutest thing I have ever seen and makes us smile and laugh. 

Another big thing is that she has offically started sleeping through the night. She typically starts her bedtime routine (eating/bath) around 7pm and goes to sleep right after and won't wake up until she hits the 10 hr mark from the time she last ate which is usually between 6/7am. So she gets approximately 8/9 hrs of sleep a night. Then after that 6/7am feeding she goes back down until 10/11am. Dave and I are both so proud of her and so glad to have her on a schedule!!! This means sleep for us!! :) 

She is also getting better with her grasping and gets those little fingers wrapped around a ball I got her that is perfect for little fingers. For the first time she grabbed the ball and purposefully shook with her left hand without me having to put her fingers in the hole. I was sitting on couch doing something while she was on her play mat playing and I looked up and she had the ball in her left hand and was moving her arms to make the ball shake. It was very slow but very exciting! 



As for her growth we are now in size 2 diapers! She also seems so long which if I understand these percentiles correctly she is! At her 2 month appointment she was weighing 10.14 lbs and in the 38th percentile and she was 22.75 inches long in the 64th percentile. She won't go back to the doctor until she is 4 month old. 

So as you can tell baby girl is growing up so fast! We are loving seeing all the new changes. 

No comments: