Sunday, November 11, 2012

21 Weeks!!!


We have made it through 21 weeks! and this week was a very exciting one! 

On Monday we had our 20 week appointment with our OBGYN which is when they do a sonogram to check anatomy and take tons of different measurements. We were told the babies heartbeat is 156 and Jelly Bean is 13 ounces. We then were told from the sonogram lady that she knew the sex of the baby but couldn't get the baby to stay still enough to take a picture for us to see. When she finally got a shot she gave us the great news. Our little Jelly Bean is a GIRL!!!! I immediately asked how sure she was and she told me she was about 98% sure baby was a girl for sure! Dave and I were excited and of course Dave was a proud daddy since he had suspected girl for awhile. We then were shown baby Girls personality because within minutes of taking that personal picture of her she crossed her legs and refused to uncross those legs again. I told Dave how I had had a conversation with Jelly Bean on the way to the doctor and asked her to cooperate and let us see what her sex was and if she did that she could cross her legs and be done. Well she listened to her momma. They could not get a good look at her spine or one foot due to her position and they could not get her to move so they requested another sonogram be done in 4 weeks. Which is exciting because we get to see her again! 

Here's how I'm feeling this week:


Jelly Bean is now the size of a Spaghetti Squash approximately 8 inches and 1 pound

Nausea:

None this week! 

Eating/Drinking:
The same. I am starting to think baby girl is either kicking or head butting my bladder because I am having to run to the bathroom more often  


Sleeping:
Still battling with this but it is improving. 


Weight:
I'm gaining on track and my doctor said everything is fine with my weight...thank goodness!

Back Pain:
Back pain and tailbone pain is still there but improving. My physical therapists are fabulous. One of them is letting me borrow her SI pregnancy belt which by the looks you wouldn't think would help but oh my goodness it has helped so much! The pain is still there but not nearly what it was. 

On Wednesday Dave and our neighbor went and picked up our crib, which is now in the nursery. Next I must find paint and work on the room before he puts the crib together.  Baby girl is already being showered with love and gifts. Her wardrobe is already growing. I've done some shopping too but only got her a few outfits. 

We are so excited for a sweet baby girl! 

No comments: