Friday, July 6, 2012

Round 3 - Waiting

So many of you have been asking me, messaging me for an update. I apologize that I have been distant this round. I'm on the summer lazy train and pretty much doing nothing but lay around and watch tv and run errands. I really do enjoy the summer months, gets me wondering if I really want to work......but then the bills come in and I'm reminded that I do not get that luxury at this time. ha ha 

Last I wrote we were beginning the journey and just waiting on the follicles to grow to their appropriate size. I went in on a Wednesday and they were super excited because I had 4, yes I said 4, follicles at the size they needed them to be. I've never had more than 2, maybe 3, follicles ready at one time. This doesn't mean we will get pregnant by any means but it just ups the probability. So I had to give myself the shot on Thursday which was a first for me, because the past two times have luckily fell on Dave's RDO's (Regular Days Off) so he has always been able to give me the shot. However, this time I was on my own since I have to give the shot at 10pm and Dave's shift starts at 10pm. But I sucked it up and had no problems giving the shot. Yay me! :) The next day was the IUI. Now this isn't my first rodeo, so I went in knowing what to expect. I always go by myself because Dave has to be there 2 hours prior and then he goes home to sleep since he normally works the that night. This has always been fine with me because I've always been fine during and after the procedure. There is normally pain but nothing I can't handle. Heck, I've gone to work after at least one of the procedures. HOWEVER, this round was not like the other 2. This round SUCKED! They had to try 3 different metal things several times before getting what they needed for the catheter. Then came the damn catheter....holy moly was that painful. my cervix turns which is abnormal but we knew this already from IUI round 1 but dear goodness that catheter was out to get me. The doctor couldn't get the catheter to turn appropriately or something so lets just say PAINFUL!!! Then there is a lot of pressure during the insemination and this is normally where I get that "uncomfortable" feeling, but this time I about came off the table it was so painful. awful awful awful. I had to keep telling myself to breathe. I just started praying because I was in so much pain. I felt like crying. Once it was over you have to lay there for 10 minutes, and I could still feel the pain which normally starts to die down within those 10 minutes. Well this pain wasn't going anywhere, but I still didn't think anything of it. I mean my body had just been put thru some rough stuff. Once the timer went off, I got up to turn it off and get ready to leave and to my surprise I keeled over in pain the second both feet hit the ground. Every time I stepped with my left foot, excruciating pain would shoot to my left "ovary" side. I thought that maybe it would just work it's way out as I walked and moved so I left without asking them anything. The drive home was anything but fun...you really find out how bad our roads are when every dang bump sends you in pain. Needless to say this pain from sitting, walking, standing continued until I finally gave in and took some motrin around 6pm. I spent most of my day curled up on the couch and bed. By that night I was 100% better, thankfully! I am SO SO SO glad that this happened this round though rather than the other 2 because there is no way I could have gone to work this time. If we do end up doing this again, I'm going to really reconsider asking Dave to be there.

So now we are in our 2 week waiting period. I'm having all the normal symptoms that can mask pregnancy but that have happened during each IUI so I know better than to think anything of it because I really think it's the progesterone that gives me these symptoms. So now we wait, pray, and be patient.

No comments: