Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Busy Busy

Well Districts are coming to a close, which means I have been very very busy. Here's what's been going on.

MEMORIAL WEEKEND
We went to my parents to celebrate Memorial Day. It worked out perfect since Dave has off Sun and Monday nights and memorial day was Monday so my parents had off. It was a lot of fun because Dave got to come with me as well as the dogs. My parents haven't seen Dave in a LOOOONG time. Dad and Dave went golfing together on Monday up at the base, which they both highly enjoy. Quality guy time. Mom and I went and got full body massages and it was much needed. It was one of the best massages I have ever had. The trip was some much needed get away time with my parents for both of us.

THIS WEEK
Once we got back into town I was highly busy with work. I was in districts every day including the day we got back. This past weekend has been highly busy. Our weekends now consist of Sun-Tues instead of your normal Fri-Sun. :) Got to love the police schedule. So anyways, on Sunday we took it easy during the day after church and then went to visit Dave's Grandma Moore, his aunt and uncle and the cousins. It was really good seeing them all. We had an awesome dinner and then hung out talking and catching up. His grandmother is doing much better and I could tell she was glad to have some visitors. On Monday we took the dogs to the groomers and they look WAY better now. Ready for the summer! While they were at the groomers we went to ACE Hardware and got some stuff for our yard. I have decided that I want to make our backyard an oasis for us and our friends to hang out. I told Dave I wanted to put some hooks up for hanging baskets and the wind chime I got the other day. We got some lights to put out there and next we want a huge star to place on the wall. We then went to a local nursery and got several flats of flowers and one hanging basket which I was able to divide into two baskets. I planted 2 flats in the front bed while Dave got to installing the hooks, hanging everything for me, and mowing the yard. The beds looks way better now and the backyard is looking much more welcoming. I need to plant the last flat as well as hang the lights...probably Thursday afternoon.

So that is about it for now!

No comments: