Well I am finally home from a busy week in San Antonio. I left for San Antonio last Tuesday and did not return to Fort Worth until Monday. One entire week!!! I went down there to do some MonaVie tastings with friends and family. It was a very successful trip and I hope that everyone learned a lot. I want to thank all of those that allowed me to share the product with you and your friends...it really meant a lot.
So Tuesday I got in and went straight to my San Antonio brother Albert's house and stayed with him and his family that night. His little girl is getting SOOO tall. She was fun! Then I met my friend Sarah for lunch at Freddy's Custard. I find it completely unfair that when I move away they finally put a custard place in San Antonio. Not cool!! Then I learned that our really good friends Gabe and Tunisha moved literally 1 minute from my Grandma...same road just one block up. How crazy!! So I stayed with them Wed night. Tunisha is pregnant and I am so excited for them both. I've already been picking out little girl outfits and tutu's, she doesn't know the sex yet. :) But if it is a girl I'll know where to go to get what I want!! We're in no way related to them but we are already being referred to as Uncle Dave and Auntie Sarah, which excites me! I am looking forward to spoiling this little one. I took them to meet my aunt and cousin at the new Panchitos in The Quarry that night. not impressed!! Then Thurs morning I took my Aunt to the airport because she was walking with the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in Alaska. I am so proud of her. She did the entire 1/2 marathon (13.1 miles), which she trained hard and long for. The remainder of the time I was in SA I stayed at her place to house sit. That night I went over to my friend Brandy's to see her new house. I have not seen her in a LOOOONG time. Then Friday my grandma hosted a jewelry/MonaVie party which was highly successful. My great aunts are so fun and crazy...they had my laughing. MonaVie and wine huh? I'm intrigued to know how that goes. It took me saying several times that MonaVie will not impair your driving because it has NO ALCOHOL! :) only my family. Crack me up!! Grandma and I went and had Margaritas at our family restaurant Panchitos (The original on West Ave). We talked to James the owner who is a family friend and had a discussion about The Quarry location where we were not satisfied because it did not meet our expectations and were happy to find out that The Quarry location is just a franchise but James has nothing to do with it. So all you San Antonio people go to West Ave location if you want more food/drinks for cheaper prices and friendly staff. That night I went out with my longest friend Sarah to another Mexican Restaurant and had more Margaritas and something called a parrot tail..very yummy. Live music, good food, great drinks, and awesome friends = a very good time. Saturday was a lazy day. Gabe and Tunisha cooked me a very yummy dinner!
Then there was Sunday...Father's Day!! Sadly when I planned this trip I completely forgot that Father's day was on this specific weekend and by the time I found out it was to late to back out. But it worked out because I got to spend it with my extended family. Reminded me of the old days. Mom's side for lunch filled with good food and tons of laughter and then dinner with my dad's side with the same 2 things. Rose and I attempted to play Jacks, but man did we stink at it! Grandma so showed us up! Then made margaritas with grandma at her request I might add. Man was that an adventure! Then catching up with my dad's side was fun. Watched Nascar, talked with aunts/uncles, and ate some good Jerky...Thanks Mike!! All my cousins are growing up way to fast. They're going to outgrow me soon, if they haven't already. I hope all the dads and soon to be dads out there had a wonderful Father's Day!
Then I headed home to my loving husband and wonderful puppies. I was greated/smoothered with kisses when I got home, Dave didn't even have a chance. It was a good get away but I was ready to be back with MY family. I miss all my friends and family very much and thanks for such a great welcoming time!! I really love going down there for REAL mexican food, GREAT margaritas and the word "Mija" brings me warm, homy feelings and a huge smile across my face. There really is nothing like it and ya know a girl needs that every now and then. :) I can't say it enough..I am truly blessed with such an awesome amazing family!
1 comment:
You DO have an amazing family. It's awesome how close you all are. Gabe and I had a great time with you and can't wait to see you BOTH very SOON. Oh, we went to the REAL Panchitos and it was AWESOME!! Love you!
Post a Comment