Well this week has been good. This past weekend my mom and her friend came into town to visit because her friend's girls were competing in synchro swimming. Mom and I went to the competitions and it was so much fun. I cannot believe how much both girls have grown up. However, sadly I found out that I am officially "old". The youngest is 13 and was talking about going to a concert (some young country singer) on a school night with her HS teammates and of course her mom was telling her no. She made a comment about how she never gets to do anything fun and I said "well I never got to do anything fun either at your age so." Then I said the thing that made me go "holy cow!!" I said "Isn't it a school night anways? Who has a concert on a school night?" I felt the grey hair coming through. lol
We also learned that Cooper doesn't like new dogs to come around and take his daddy's attention from him. My mom's friend brought her new puppy Bella with her who happened to adore Dave. Cooper did not like this one bit. He doesn't really have to share Dave with Chloe because she only likes Dave if I'm not around. It was really funny seeing him being protective over Dave and stealing all of Bella's toys. Chloe didn't really seem to care that the puppy was around. I think the puppy provided some much needed alone time for her because Cooper was to focused on the puppy. They both crack me up. They are children in dog bodies. They act just like siblings.
Then on Sun we went to try a new church and had an awesome experience. They were talking about Forgiveness. The verse they were focused on was Matthew 18:23-35. The pastor explained that we all want others to forgive us for our wrong doings, however when someone does something wrong to us we refuse to forgive. We hold a grudge, put them in the dog house. But God has NEVER done that with us. Are we really being Christians? Matthew 6:14-15 says, " For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you, but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses." That hit me really hard. I mean all of us hold grudges and we all have a hard time forgiving people when they hurt us, especially when it seems to cut so deep. Many of us (myself included) have said, "I will never forgive that person for what they did to me or my family. They mean nothing to me. ect.." but is that Christ like? Would we want God to do that to us every time we sinned? No sin is greater than another in his eyes. Then the pastor said something that hit another spot inside of me. He said that forgivness isn't just forgiving the act BUT ALSO restoring the relationship. Without truly forgiving what the person did to you you cannot restore the relationship, because you will always have that anger there. How true is this!! Now I challenge myself and others to think about those that you have sinned against and those that have sinned against you. I'm talking small sin like shoved you around when you were younger to big sin like cheating or lying. Will you pick up the cross and forgive? I am so blessed that I got to hear this sermon because it hit my heart so close! I pray that I can say I am sorry to those that I have sinned against and I WILL be working on forgiving those that have truly hurt me. For a more in depth description of this sermon go to my facebook page.
So as you can see we had a very busy weekend. But now it is time for bed. Have a great Valentines Day everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment