Thursday, March 20, 2014

11 Months!



Aubrey is 11 Months Old and I am so late on posting this! (She is really now 1 years old)

So this is what is happening this month. 

* At Mimi and Papi's Aubrey got to sit on her first horse and donkey.  To say she loved it would be an understatement. She is such an animal lover!!

* We were involved in our first car accident. A gentleman rearended us on I30 on a slick/cold morning on our way to work. Luckily due to these conditions we were traveling slow because traffic was bumper to bumper. He was extremely nice and cooperative though. 911 was called to mainly check on Aubrey and make sure she was fine. Fortunately this all happened on Dave's side of town so he knew the officer assigned. Since we were both fine we went on into work but the Pediatrician requested we come that afternoon so they could make sure Aubrey was ok. The doctor found she had an ear infection so they started her on medicine (Augmentin) for that. They tried a stronger dosage than she had been on before.

* After 8 days of Augmentin she started geting splotches all over her. The pediatrician said to try cortizone cream and benadryl which did help so we just thought it was an allergy. Well then the next morning after her bottle and medicine she broke back out in red splotches. I took her to daycare though because she was acting fine and called the pediatrician. We scheduled an appointment for that afternoon. Around 9am I got a call from the daycare that her left foot had gotten swollen. I called pediatrician and they were not concerned but said as long as no swelling around face/neck then she was good. Then around 10:15 I get another call from the daycare that now oth hands and feet are swollen and she is acting like she isn't comfortable. Once again I call the pediatrician (they now just immediately forward me to the nurse) and once again they are all cool and collect, no concerns. I head to the daycare and once I arrive the head lady meets me and says her feet and fingers are now blue. So now I am literally freaking out but trying to stay calm I immediately start rubbng her feet and rotating her ankles to try to get her circulation up while I call the pediatrician once again. They still are completely calm but advice I get home so I am closer to them. They say to make sure she is breathing fine and no swelling around neck. If she starts to have breathing difficulties to take her to emergency. Of course in the car it is hard to monitor her and I am still freaking out. I am pretty sure I have NEVER speeded that fast before. Honked at a semi, cut through a few parking lots and ran several yellow/red lights because my main focus was get home Every deap breath was a relief knowing she was breathing ok. Once we got home I checked her feet and hands and she was back to normal color for the most part. She immediately fell asleep on Dave. Once we got to the pediatrician, they stated that she was in fact having a drug allergy to Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid. They think it is primarily the Amozicillin but we must avoid both "just in case". This was a very scary discovery but after a few days on steroids she was back to normal and feeling good. 

*Aubrey had her first snow!! and First Snow Day from school!

*Aubrey transitioned to a convertible car seat. She isn't sure if she likes it fully or not. 

*She loves to push her puppy push toy.

*She is walking with two hand support and LOVES it!! She laughs. 








No comments: