Saturday, March 29, 2014

Aubrey is ONE!!!!!


I cannot believe it but my sweet baby girl is 1!!! I have a 1 year old!!! to think that 5.5 years ago we started the journey to have her. At that point she was just a dream, a hope, a prayer. I remember wondering if I would ever experience, the fear that I never would. After 5.5 years of having more doctors than I knew what to do with. The endometriosis surgery, the chlomid only trials, first referral to fertility specialist where I was diagnosed with PCOS, first round of IUI which resulted in some of the most painful tests (tube check) and the start to this emotional roller coaster ride. Having to take a break from the treatments and starting hormone therapy to find out I have almost zero vitamin D and way low progesterone. Getting acupuncture when I absolutely hate needles but willing to try anything to help. Let's not forget the crazy diets to loose weight because weight loss is so easy you know...especially when you have PCOS. NOT!!! Dealing with the MANY and I mean MANY "Are you pregnant?" (Thanks PCOS) questions to the point that it just made me laugh because I couldn't cry anymore. The many tears and prayers to God to show me his plan. The first adoption agency who called to say they were closing unexpectibly and then the second adoption agency who put us on their wait list; and who we still to this day have not heard from. Then to the OBGYN who had us spinning our wheels for absolutely nothing because I do not ovulate at all. Finding a different fertility specialist who we really liked. Doing another round of IUI with no results, then another and success....we were pregnant. But then to be told, "you are going to miscarry so just stop taking your medicine" and then battling with the moral side of that. Thankful God handled that decision for us. Waiting until the end of the school year before trying again so I would be stress free. Trying another round of IUI and it being one of the MOST PAINFUL rounds, could barely walk out of the office or drive myself home. But this MOST PAINFUL round worked again and this time it took. After being monitored like crazy, a spotting scare, terrible tailbone pain, referral to Physical Therapy for the pain and then going to PT 2X/wk, massage therapy 1-2x/mo and approximately 27 hours of labor we had this sweet miracle. She gave me the title of "Mommy" and she was my perfect gift from God. His timing was absolutely perfect. This year has been such a blessing and sure we have had some ups and downs but I'll handle anything and be thankful for those difficult times because it wasn't an easy road and so I appreciate every single second of the good and the stressful. She is my sweet miracle, my gift from God; and for that I am honored to be her mommy!! 

Here is what is happening this month:

* On Feb 26 we introduced Aubrey to whole milk and she took to it like a champ!!! There was no hesitation and she finished that bottle down! 


* Walking with one hand support. She loves to walk and just laughs and laughs. 
* She has discovered the game of hide and seek. She loves to play this game with the curtains in the play room and at bathtime with the shower curtain. She cracks up every time. 
* She has really developed a belly laugh and laughs a TON now!!! She sometimes laughs because we are laughing which makes us laugh more thus causing her to laugh more. It is the cutest thing! 
* She has started to dance to music....primarily The Hot Dog Dance from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. She can be asleep in our arms and that song come on and she will start bouncing. If she is playing she will stop, look at the tv and start to wiggle. 
* She is signing "More" to request More during meal time. We are working on finished, food, and milk. 
* She loves to clap now and does it most when she is excited or we are cheering her on for doing something good. 
* She will stand independently in place for approximately 5-9 seconds before dropping to her bottom. 
* She is blowing kisses which is to cute for words!! 
* She enjoys nuzzling and giving loves to us. She will put her forehead to our forehead and just move her head back and forth like a cat does. It is so stinkin cute and sweet!!! 
* She is starting to imitate noises such as clicks and rasberries. 
* She still has NO teeth!!! Our pediatrician says that this is no big concern but that it means she will probably get them all at once. YIPPEE!! ha ha She did say that the lower ones are close to coming in. 

At her 12 month doctor appointment; which just happened to be on March 14 (Her Birthday) she was 19.9lbs (47%), 28" Tall (13%) and 44.5cm head circumference (39%).  

(Please forgive the backwards 1. This cute face has decided sleeping all night is for the birds and it's far more fun to keep mommy up for 2 hours in the middle of the night and then have her up every hour. So mommy was doing good to even make a 1 let alone a 1 that was not backwards) 

Birthday Party Time!!! 

Her birthday party was on Saturday the 15th. My mom and grandmother came in earlier in the week to help me get everything together and I do not think I would have got it all done without them. I didn't even go get ready until 12:50...the party started at 1pm. So yea needless to say I was a mess! ha ha!! The birthday was to cute for words and that is all that matters!!! She handled all the people so well and even allowed people to hold her without tears. Our house was packed!!! She loved squishing her cupcake and eating it but didn't get any on her outfit (thank you large bib) nor any in her hair or all over her face. We didn't have to worry about bathing her; just wiped her hands and mouth clean. I was very proud of how the party came out and I hope everyone had a blast. Thank you to all that came for her party! Our house has never been that packed...like EVER!!! She's a very popular little girl and she has so many people that love her and care about her; so thank you to everyone who took the time out of their busy schedules to be there. It meant the world to us to have you all there to help us celebrate our miracle. Thank you also to those that could not come but still were so kind to send her a gift.








Below is what happened after everyone left which we can only conclude was sugar high. She was crazy and laughed at EVERYTHING. The dogs, us, the chair; you name it she found it hilarious!! 






No comments: