Saturday, February 1, 2014

10 Months!



Well I am writing this forever late however Aubrey is now 10 months!!! It's been a busy month for sure!

So this is what happened this month...

* On Dec 23 Aubrey got her Ears Pierced!! It was very exciting. We went to Sweet and Sassy in Southlake. They had one lady draw the dots and make sure they were even and then another lady joined her and they had me hold Aubrey in a specific manner so that she would not move. They then counted down from 5 each on either side of her with the peircing guns and when they got to 1 they did it so it was one single shock. Aubrey was as happy as could be and super still because she was just watching them prior to the countdown, and then they pierced, there was a brief pause and then the tears and crying started. Luckily Grandma and Mommy were prepared with her new obsession....puffs! Gave her one and bam tears gone, all was well in the world again. They were so impressed with her throughout the whole process. We've got such a big girl!


*On Dec 23 right after Aubrey got her ears pierced she also got her bangs cut. She only seems to grow hair in the front and her bangs have been getting in her way for a few months but I have been holding off on cutting them because she's not that big girl yet in my eyes and cutting her hair meant she was no longer a baby baby and Mommy is not ready for that!!! However, I finally gave in to everyone's suggesions and went for it while we were there at Sweet and Sassy. They did a great job and Aubrey seems happier since she's not constantly trying to push her hair out of her eyes.


* Aubrey's First Christmas!!! Aubrey is got to have several Christmas celebrations. The first was with Daves family where she got to hang out with her cousins. It was so cute seeing her interact with the kids. She really enjoyed it.




Her second Christmas was on actual Christmas day where she celebrated here with Dave, my parents, my brother and myself. She had a lot of fun opening gifts and trying to eat all the boxes.




Her Third Christmas was with my Mom's side of the family: Great Grandma and Great Grandpa, Aunt Suzie, Aunt Andraya and Mr. Zach, Grandma and Grandpa (my parents), and Uncle Alex. She loved her table and cube that Great Grandma and Great Grandpa got her.


Her Fourth Christmas was with Uncle Milt, Aunt Jeanine, Uncle Ryan and Aunt Coco. She loved being the center of attention. 

* Aubrey had her first minor ear infection. 

* Aubrey decided bottles and sippy cups were for sissy and she wasn't going to drink a single ounce from them any longer. We had to give her liquids by syringe or straw. Once she returned to daycare she decided bottles were cool again thanks to the whole monkey-see-monkey-do. 

*On Jan 10 Aubrey gave me the scare of my life! It was a foggy, rainy morning in the middle of Highway 820. She started coughing and fussing which isn't abnormal for her. I reached back to get her paci and give it to her but she started coughing again so I just held her paci and all of a sudden I felt liquid hit my hand. Then she just more and more liquid. I was trying my hardest to get to an exit until she stopped and I heard nothing. I put my hand back there again and couldn't get a response and it was to dark to see her in the mirror. I flung my car to the shoulder of the highway, calling her name, no response. I knew I couldn't get out of the car because traffic was directly to our left so I just jumped up on the console, fought with the buckle to unbuckle because it was stuck due to what I assume was it being so wet. She was just staring at me but no noise or movement. When I yanked her out she was like a rag doll. Arms were floppy.....I immediately brought her to the front seat with me, yelling her name and squeezing her (all I could think of for some reason). Within seconds she was moving and alert and within a minute or so she was trying to get into everything. I called Dave to make him brainstorm with me what to do because I had a trillion things going through my head. Put her back in the soaked carseat in her soaked clothes so I could drive off the highway, but I didn't know if I was in a safe area to be just hanging out in a parking lot since nothing was open yet? So finally decided to go towards NE Mall and change her in the Chick-Fil-A parking lot since I knew there would be traffic there and lights. I got her there, changed her, attempted to clean carseat, thankful that something told me to grab an extra blanket on my way out the door that morning so I had something dry to put on her and then we headed home. I monitored her all day and she was back to her goofy, happy self so the doctors had us just monitor her. We had no idea what caused this; which worried me. A week later after another throw-up scare we found out that she had had a stomach virus on the 10th and now was battling some after sinus thing. She wanted to share the virus though with daddy so they both were down for the count for a bit. Luckily she did not share with me so I could take care of them both. I pray I never have to go through that scare with her again or at least not for a long LONG time. 

* Aubrey is cruising furniture! She will cruise all our couches to get objects she desires. 

* She will take steps with two hand support. 

* Her new game is to hand you her toys and then take them back. 

* She has discovered the dog bowls and the new game is to attempt to crawl to them as fast as she can before mommy can catch up to her. She just giggles and giggles. 

No comments: