Friday, September 20, 2013

6 Months!



This is what happened this month:

Daycare: Aubrey started daycare on Monday Aug 19th. It was a stressful day for mommy since I was in training all day at a different campus. When I dropped her off she did relatively well and went with the staff without hesitation and didn't cry. At lunch I snuck back to Bonham to check on her and poor girl was in tears. I was able to hold her for a bit and calm her down some. It was a rough day for her but over all she did good and I knew it would get better....which it has! She now seems to enjoy it and really enjoys her teachers and classmates. Out of 5 babies there is only one boy, poor guy he has no idea what he's in for once they get old enough to all gang up on him. ha ha She refuses to sleep more than 30 minutes because she doesn't want to miss anything that may happen. This, however, typically provides for a nice drive home because she is knocked out before we even leave the neighborhood where my school is located. I also love having her at my school because they take walks in the large strollers twice a day so if I am in my office I can typically hear all their babbles and I get to sneak a peak at her. 




Playdates: We had our first playdate with our friend/classmate Summer. They are 1-2 weeks apart in age. They really did have fun but by the time we pulled the camera out Aubrey had had enough and was hungry and sleepy. Shortly after this picture both girls were asleep. (Official Slumber Party!)





Food: Aubrey has been introduced to Sweet Potatoes, Pears, Peaches, Apples, and Oatmeal Cereal. She LOVES it all and is a very good eater! I have enjoyed making all her food for her and am loving that not only am I saving money but also making sure I know EXACTLY what she is getting. Daycare was very impressed at how well she does eat and how good she is with the spoon. 

Sitting: Aubrey has started to sit independently for short periods of time. She uses her hands/arms out infront of her to help her maintain her balance. She is still a tad wobbly but overall doing great and getting stronger. 

Tummy Time: She LOVES tummy time now! She has excellent head control when on her tummy and kicks those legs like crazy. Now that she likes being on her tummy she no longer is rolling off of it. She also just started to pivot when placed on her tummy. She uses this method to get where she wants to go and get whatever toys she wants that are close by. She is close to crawling too!! She has started to get those knees bent and her feet under her. She sticks her butt in the air and just bounces. If I put my hands behind her feet she will push off to propel forward. She so wants to move, those little legs just move and move when she's on her tummy. She knows she needs those knees under her, now she just has to figure out how to push off her toes. I see it coming soon! 

Technology: I got an IPAD a few weeks ago from work and Aubrey has decided she LOVES the thing. I had downloaded 2 APS that friends had recommended for my work kids, so I showed her one day. Big mistake, now she sees my phone, the IPAD, or mom's phone and she is reaching like crazy for them. I think she mainly wants to eat it but she enjoys the two games too. 

Reaching/Grasping: She has become very grabby this month. She reaches for EVERYTHING and EVERYTHING goes into her mouth now. We have to be more aware now what is around her because she will reach for it and grab hold so fast! She loves grabbing Dave's chin and face and she goes for my necklace or the sleeves on a particular set of PJ's. She is like her momma in that when she sleeps she likes to hold onto something. She will grab my shirt when I'm rocking her to sleep and maintain her grasp while sleeping. 

Textures: She is obsessed with scratching things. She loves scratching our couch pillows. If you wear a tshirt that has a design on it she will scratch that. She loves crinkly toys. She loves textures. 

Personality: At my work Aubrey is known for her smiles and charm. She cracks me up and most everyone else too because as soon as anyone speaks to her she gets a huge smile on her face and starts kicking her legs to bounce up and down on my hip. It is the cutest thing. She hasn't met a person that wasn't deserving of a huge smile. Teachers stop me daily to tell me they saw her at some point throughout the day and she smiled at them, how cute she is, or that they have never seen a more happy baby. This is awesome to hear because it means she's happy at daycare. Most that have worked with me usually also say she's her mothers daughter because they think I smile a lot and am overall a happy person (which I am) so they say she got this from me. I think she's gonna be a social butterfly like her momma. She also demands all attention be on her or she throws a fit (according to daycare) which I find hilarious. I'm not sure she gets that from me, ha ha ;). 

Photoshoot: Below are just a few pictures from Aubrey's 6 month Photoshoot. We decided this month for her 1/2 birthday we would take these outside. I love how they came out even though she refused to smile for us because she is a very serious model. Mom was in town helping me since I injured my pinky (long story) so we got a few of Aubrey and her too. 














No comments: