
This month Aubrey got to meet her Great Grandma Green, Aunt Holly, and Cousin Noah. She had a lot of fun visiting with them.
She also had her first "hang out" time with her future boyfriend. We are in the process of arranging this marriage. His mom and I wanted a picture of them together so we propped them up in the corners of the chair and on their own they grabbed hands!!! Gasp!! It was the cutest thing and may have been accidential but I think it was a sign. ;)
On Aug 2 Aubrey was introduced to solids, much to my hesitation. She had started to spit up A LOT. We are talking projectile spit up after/during every feeding. Her pediatrician recommended we try rice cereal which would help her tummy. My heart wanted her to wait until 6 months (growing up to fast) but I knew deep down she was ready. She had started to let us know with little signs and I just had a feeling it was time. To our surprise she took to the spoon, food like a champ. She LOVES her food. I also decided I was going to make as much as I can for her (besides the cereal).
So far she has been introduced to:
Rice Cereal
Avocado
This month Dave put together Aubrey's Jumper and she LOVES it!!! She plays with the big beads that spin, pushes the musical buttons, and tries to eat the spinning tube. she is working on figuring out how to turn completely around in it.
On Aug 7 we took Aubrey to the zoo for her FIRST OFFICIAL ZOO TRIP!! Yes we were "those" crazy parents! My mom, Dave and I decided we would go before summer was over for 1. Once school starts these type of trips are out since Daddy's weekend is not Mommy's weekend so doing things like this will be rare. Plus we wanted to do this "First" together, 2. It was 1/2 price day which only occurs during the week, 3. There was a new baby elephant at the zoo that we wanted to see, and finally 4. We just needed out of the house! We got there when the zoo opened. It was extremely hot but we did good to keep A in the shade or keep her hat on her. Plus we knew where all the air condition buildings were so we were going in and out of those to keep her cooled. She seemed to enjoy the people watching rather than looking at the animals. It was fun though and I started taking pictures of various animals so I can create a "My First Animals" book for her next year.
She has started to sit for short periods of time using her hands down in front of her for support. She has also started to really enjoy tummy time and will lay on her tummy for extended periods. We have a lighted ball that she just lays there and plays with. She loves swatting at it because it rolls, plays music, and lights up. Best toy ever! She is no longer interested in rolling completely over mainly because she likes tummy time now but she will still roll to her sides.











No comments:
Post a Comment