Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Lots of Catching Up!

Well it's been several weeks since I've posted...sorry guys! So here's a catch up. Last time I wrote I was 30 weeks so here are the updated pictures.

33 Weeks!

32 Weeks!

31 Weeks


On Friday, January 18th we had another sonogram and got to see baby girl. She was so great and they estimated that she was approximately 4 pounds 4 ounces and was measuring about a week and 3 days ahead of schedule. They assured me this does not mean she's going to be early but just confirms that she's doing great,as am I. They kept trying to get her to cooperate so they could get a 4D sonogram of her but she was having none of that and kept covering her face with her arms, just like her daddy. However, baby girl is going to have to learn to like her picture taken because between her mommy and her uncle who's a professional photographer she's going to have lots of pictures taken of her throughout her lifetime. 

On Sunday, January 20th we had our first baby shower! It was in San Antonio and thrown by my mom and grandma. So many of my family and family friends came to help us celebrate and it was such a great shower! We packed my grandmothers house with approx 60 people. Aubrey got some amazing gifts which included many many clothes, diapers, wipes, bottles, several handmade blankets and so much more! Thank you to everyone that came and/or sent a gift. Meant the world to us. Felt so loved! 



We also got to tour the hospital and it was pretty nice. To see the room we will labor in and the recovery room made it so much more real. We now know the procedures to take when arriving and what all we need to bring.

Over the past few weeks we have been attending our birthing class and are down to our last class next Tuesday. It's been pretty informative and I'm really glad we took it. 

Since last week I have noticed I have hit that "uncomfortable" stage that you always hear about. My entire back has been killing me, tailbone pain is just awful, any kind of movement creates pain. I'm not sleeping again because I wake up in some sort of pain. It doesn't matter how I lay because at some point something gets cramped and I wake up to readjust which hurts. I also have noticed my feet starting to swell more and more every day and yesterday finally my ankles disappeared. It was kinda of depressing. I know this all is worth it but really hoping it doesn't get any worse seeing that we have 6 more weeks left! 

No comments: