35 Weeks!
Over the past 2 weeks we have had 2 more baby showers. Last week we had my "Friends Shower" here in Fort Worth. A big thanks to my great college friends Lauren, Hollie, Kristina, Melissa, and Brittany. The shower was fantastic and gorgeous! We got some great gifts from all our friends. Thank you to everyone!! Today we had Dave's family shower in Arlington thanks to his wonderful Aunt Jeanine, and my cousin/sister-in-laws Susan and Courtney for throwing a wonderful shower. We got some fabulous gifts from family and family friends including our play pen! Thank you to everyone that came! Pictures will soon follow.
The Nursery is coming together. Dave got the chair rails up with the help of our friend Cody. Mom and I have painted the rails and touched up the walls in the nursery over the past two weekends. It is finally ready to have everything placed where it needs to go. I am putting the final touches on her letters and her bow holder and hopefully will have those hung this week! Picture will be posted soon! Then I'm hoping to start on a few more projects.
Over the past 2 weeks I have also noticed my body is starting to hit the wall. For my job I am on my feet a lot and walking a lot. Walking is great for Aubrey and I; however, the long lessons are getting to me. I am having to get all my time in with my 3 high school students before I leave because their lessons are all off campus. Typically our lessons are 2 hours long which means I could potentially be on my feet for 2 straight hours. Luckily with most I have been able to incorporate indoor and outdoor travel so I can find a bench to sit down at for a bit. However, this past Wednesday I had an outdoor lesson that lasted a tad over 2 hours and boy did my body let me have it. I felt like I had done a P90X workout because my entire body hurt. I've also found stairs are my enemy right now and I often forget until I'm out of breath on the second floor of the high school and hunting down the elevator. Over the past 2 weeks my feet have been swollen beyond belief by the afternoon and this past week the mornings aren't looking so good either. My lower back and tailbone have been getting worse and worse each day. Physical Therapy and Massage Therapy are helping but I am to the point that I need to see both more often now. On Friday I woke up with excruciating tailbone pain and it hasn't let up. It's just a throbbing pain in one spot and it hurts to do anything. My sciatic nerve yells at me and makes every inch of movement hurt.
I have not been back to the doctor over the past 2 weeks but go back this upcoming Tuesday. I am hoping she will tell me all is fine and that limited work is not a need because I really need to get through this month so I can get all my high school students finished with. Trust me all this is totally worth it but I'm getting to that point that by the end of the day I'm ready to have an emotional breakdown. Dave tells me to stop pushing myself so hard and take it easy, he's convinced she's coming early and bed rest may be in my future. I feel she may come early but I'm not ready to hear bed rest or restricted work duty. I love my job, but I'm starting to see the not so good side of being on my feet for extended periods.


No comments:
Post a Comment