Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thanksgiving



This thanksgiving break was busy but great!! My family (brother, mom, dad, cousin, aunt, and grandparents) all came into town on Wednesday for Thanksgiving at our house. Dave was off from work since Thursday is his normal day off, so that was great!! I love my family, they are just so much fun and I honestly can't remember the last time I laughed as much as I did this past week. It was probably the last time my family was all together. :) We cooked all day Thursday, had such a yummy Thanksgiving dinner.



















Throughout their stay here we went to the movies, went to ICE at The Gaylord in Grapeveine, main street in Grapevine, and just hung out with one another. It was a lot of fun. I miss them so much and I miss having them so close. I am truly blessed to have them in my life.






























\






This year my parents brought down our family tree and ornaments and passed them down to me. I was so excited. This was a family tradition growing up to work on that massive tree and put all the ornaments on the tree. My brother and I each had our favorite ornaments. Most of the ornaments are from Germany where my parents lived prior to me being born, so they are extra special to me. On Sunday David and I put that tree up and decorated it. I added some of my touches with the ribbon, santa, and trees skirt. I LOVE the tree!! We have a second smaller tree for the front room that will be going up later this week as well as many more decorations. I love this time of the year. I have so many things to be thankful for...I am truly blessed!






















No comments: