Monday, November 1, 2010

Happy October!

Well this past month has been busy but quick!!!

Adoption update: there is no update! :) We won't find out about the waiting list until January so until then we are just gathering paperwork and reading 2 books a piece that are a requirement.

House Projects: I've almost finished our laundry room!!! Shelving has been painted and wall touch-ups done. Now I just have to do the darn ceiling. We've ordered several pictures from canvas on demand and shutterfly and been updating our walls with my own photography from our honeymoon. Things are looking great!!! I also planted some new Nandina and mums in our front bed...it's starting to look so good!!! I've also mulched the entire front bed and dang is that a workout but it looks great!

Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure: Courtney, Lindsay and myself walked the 5k in the Dallas Race for the Cure! It was an amazing experience to be apart of. You always know there are a lot of people but you don't really get it until you are there and see it. Court and I commented that the 5k we walked with MADD (Mother's Against Drunk Driving) last spring was so not a 5k because this 5k kicked our butts!! Of course the MADD walk was all flat and this one consisted of numerous hills, but I seriously think the MADD walk wasn't a 5k. I had a great time fundraising and thank you to each and every person that helped me reach and exceed my goal!!! I had a $570 grand total!!!! How awesome! You all are amazing and it feels good to know we all helped fight the fight against breast cancer!



Dave's Birthday and Happy Halloween: Halloween was fun and busy at the same time. I made my husband a wonderful delicious chocolate cake...first cake in 5 years!! Then we went out to dinner and then came back and handed out candy to all the little goblins.

Texas Rangers: Well I went to my first Rangers game on Sep 30th and been hooked since. Would have been hooked sooner had I gone to a game sooner but I'm not pointing fingers!!! :) I've learned a lot in the past few weeks and am glad to finally have a local team to keep up with! Can't do the Mavs...my loyalty is to the Spurs always! GO SPURS GO!!! We also have the Cowboys and I follow them and love watching football but haven't found "the" team yet. I just cheer for whomever I feel like on that particular day. I know bad but tough, that's me! However, I have enjoyed watching more sports lately...kinda miss it. Strange I know, but it gives me peace. Maybe because it was a past time I grew up with. Back then it just annoyed me because I was your typical girl who didn't care for sports. Now it's grown on me though! Go Rangers Go!!! Go Spurs Go!!!












Hochmuth Visit!: At the end of the month our close friends Tunisha and Gabe came to visit with their sweet daughter (our Goddaughter) Molly!! It was so great to see them! She's 10 months now!! Growing so fast!! It was nice to have a baby in the house. Love love love her!!! Missing her already. It was also so nice to catch up with old friends. If only I could pick up San Antonio and and move it closer.

















No comments: