Friday, October 1, 2010

Orientation and CPR

Latest Update:

Well the past several weeks have been busy and I've forgotten to update the blog so here goes.

We went to Orientation and it was so informative! We got a list of books we have to read prior to placement...we have to each read 2 books. They gave us a list of paperwork for us to start gathering. We discussed the option of closed vs semi-open vs open adoptions. They also confirmed that a group of us would be moved up in November and another in January. They never have more than 12-15 families at one time in "active" mode. Once we are moved up it could take months or it could take up to 2 years. 2 years is the average wait time. When we are moved up into "active" mode then we start the formal application, the home study, and start creating our family books and writing our birth mother letter. If you know me well you know this family book is something I'm super excited about!! Once we are matched the baby could be born within weeks so we have to start getting an idea of the items/bedding that we want.

We also got CPR certified for adults, kids, and babies. It was a very interesting course. Dave was laughing because I was taking notes, underlining things....but he knows that's just me. :)

I have been at so much peace lately because I honestly feel that we are walking in the right direction. I feel like I may have found my purpose...to provide a loving, safe home for a child that otherwise may not have had one. I've learned over time that not everybody feels like they can adopt, that they could love another person's child as their own. At first I didn't fully understand but I totally get it and it really helped me to see that maybe that's why I was lead in this direction. David and I have enough love in us, that blood relation doesn't matter. I get attached so quickly and am very protective instantly. My husband has such a kind, caring heart and to see him around babies/children...he doesn't even know them or their families. He will wave and smile and play with them, what an amazing man I have!!

We are excited to see what the Lord has in store for us! We appreciate all your prayers and support throughout this process. We have some amazing family and friends!

1 comment:

Adam & Brittany said...

We are constantly praying for you guys. Love you