Well I haven't updated in awhile. So let's see what's been going on.
Thanksgiving: Well we were so thankful to have my family (mom, dad, Alex, Derek) come in town for the holidays. Mom came in on Tuesday and the guys came in on Wednesday. Normal "Galindo" tradition is to have Thanksgiving Turkey for lunch up in Oklahoma but because David had to work this year my family thought that it would be best to push it back to dinner so that he could sleep AND they came to us. I have such an amazing family and am truly blessed. Thanks guys!! The food was amazing and everyone contributed something. I made some stuffing balls wrapped
ICE: The week my family was here for Thanksgiving Alex, Derek, Mom and I all went to Grapevine on Friday to eat on Main Street and then we went to ICE at The Gaylord. It was so awesome! We felt like we were in Alaska with those big blue parkas and my feet were frozen by the end of it all...but truly a sight to see.
Fertility: Well I don't have good news on this. Over the Thanksgiving holidays I had an ultrasound and blood work done on Wed morning. My LH level was increasing (Good) and it appeared that my follicles were increasing in size (Good) but they weren't were they both needed to be for the IUI, so they said to come back on Sunday. Well Sunday morning I went and LH level went drastically down and my follicles didn't get any bigger, thus still not ovulating. They asked that I come in that following Thursday but I had lost hope by this point. I hit a low and thank God for my amazing husband whom kept my head above it all. Well on Wednesday I was sent home from work with a very high fever and went straight to the doctor. I had strep...oh joy!! This meant no doctor for that last ultrasound/blood work on Thursday. So this round went nowhere. David and I have talked about it and we have decided that we are going to take a break. Emotionally I cannot do this again back to back especially over the holidays. I can honestly understand how woman can fall into depression throughout these processes. You try not to be negative, tell your body it's going to work, stay positive just to get the door slammed time and time again in your face. You shut yourself from others because even though you love their advise and greatly appreciate it; they all say what you already know and if they haven't been there they just don't know how hard it is. Then you knock yourself for thinking that way because you know they mean well. Then it's been very hard to go through all of this with not many of my close friends or family near me to lean on. This has probably been one of the hardest because even though David is such an amazing supportive husband there are times that you just need to talk to someone else. There were times I didn't want to worry him or stress him out more and I would have normally ran to my family or friends but they aren't all here. I know our Heavenly Father has a plan and when the time is right it will happen. I just have to continue to look up to Him and not down that dark path that continues to throw itself at me. I know there is a baby out there that God has picked specifically for David and I and I know that there is a reason he's waiting to bless us and I have to respect that and be patient. I am constantly praying that he bless me with patience and strength. I have an appointment in Jan with The FEM Center in Colleyville, TX to have a hormone test done. This center is not a fertility clinic, they actually deal with menopause but it has been shown that your hormones are what causes all this and if they can get the hormones in order they can control the menopause. Well for woman in my case because they know we're not going through menopause, but something is obviously wrong with our hormones then fixing the hormones can knock our bodies in order and allow someone to get pregnant. So we're going to wait and see what they have to say. Plus we're talking about taking the honeymoon that we never took. That makes me really excited! David and I want to thank everyone of you that have been praying for us and sending me encouraging posts, emails, voice mail. It means more to me than you will ever know. I love you all and wish I had more of you closer in location to me.
Christmas Decorations: Well we put up our tree and decorations around the fireplace. Not much else has been done yet. The bushes outside are done but much more is needed. I lo
No comments:
Post a Comment