Well as most of you know David and I have been trying to have a baby with little success. After our second round of fertility drugs didn't work my doctor said we could do a 3rd round and then see a specialist or just go see a specialist because I was not ovulating. So we made an appointment and they were really quick to get us scheduled that next week. So this past Tuesday we went in and met with the doctor. They did a sonogram and everything was fine. I had plenty of eggs, my uterus was healthy and a good size so everything was good for me as long as they can get me to ovulate. They ran various test on David and I and everything has come out great...I just don't ovulate. So they were going to put me back on Provera to start a period in order to start whatever process we decided on. This whole process with Provera takes about 2-3 weeks. They gave me the prescription on Tuesday, we filled it on Wednesday and I was going to start it on Thursday morning. Well woke up Thursday morning to a surprise and realized the Provera was not needed any longer. :) This was a GREAT thing but that meant we had to make a decision on what process VERY quickly because they had to see me on day 2 or 3 of my cycle, which meant Friday or Saturday. We thought we had 2-3 weeks to decide but now we had to make a decision within hours. Well I already had a Glucose (4 hour test) set up for Sat (Today) so that worked out great. The blood test came out fine they did another ultrasound and all looks well. I started taking the Clomid today and will take it for 5 days. They doubled the dose compared to the last round I did in hopes that this may help. Then next Saturday I go in for another ultrasound and they will give me whatever I need to test for ovulation. This will be done over the Thanksgiving break which works perfectly as well. I should be able to have the IUI procedure done that week so no worries about work. Once the test shows positive for ovulation I think we have a certain number of hours that we have to get in there for the IUI. This whole process hasn't been fully explained. We should know by the beginning of Dec if all this works. Please keep praying, we greatly appreciate it!!!
I will update everyone once more is known.
No comments:
Post a Comment