Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas 2009


Well it's been a busy busy time of year for us. We were able to see both sides of families for Christmas this year which was very nice. Galindo Christmas: Dave and I went up to Norman, OK several days before Christmas and got to spend time with my family. We had a great time with tons of homemade cookies and tamales. I made my ehomemade Bailey's, which they all loved. Grandma and Grandpa, Sue and Andraya came up from San Antonio. It was nice to do our traditional Christmas morning tradition of breakfast tacos/tamales and then opening gifts from youngest to oldest so everyone gets to see everyone's gifts. We got some really awesome stuff! We played our normal game of Chicken Foot and I won!! :) It was sad to leave because I love being around my family, especially during the holidays because we have so many traditions that I hold dear to my hart. As a child our Christmas was packed with family time. All day events and I miss that! Plus being around them is just therapeutic for me...I know weird but it is. It was a very Merry Christmas!












Christmas Eve:
Well we were suppose to go to my cousin Dani's for dinner with her and her husband for Christmas Eve. Dave was going to get ready for work there and just go straight to work. It was so nice of them to invite us over for dinner so that we weren't alone on Christmas Eve. However...mother nature had a whole other plan. I woke up that morning and went to do some last minute shopping. I didn't even turn on the TV to watch the news like normal because I just wanted to hit the road. When I left the house there were snow flurries, which I thought was odd but didn't think twice about. I got done at my first store and headed to the next. As I got close to that shopping center the snow was picking up and the wind was blowing. I was getting pelted by snow and it seemed like nobody expected this because nobody was dressed for this weather. It was freezing and snowing pretty heavy. Nothing was sticking though. Once I got home..of course..I got my camera and started taking pictures! I documented through pictures the day of snow. It was my First White Christmas!!! However, throughout the day the weather was getting worst, the snow was sticking and the roads were getting bad and they were forecasting ice. So we had to cancel dinner because we would have been driving out to Dallas and Dave didn't like the idea of me driving alone since we would have to go in separate cars so he could go to work.











Moore Christmas:
On Christmas Day I woke up and it was just like any other day...which kinda was sad. But I made the most out of it because there was still snow. I made a mini snowman and took tons of pictures of the dogs in the snow. Well of Cooper..Chloe wanted nothing to do with the snow. Other than that I just watched TV. Once Dave got up we went to his Aunt's house for his Family Christmas. It was really nice to see everyone especially our niece and nephew because we rarely get to see them. They are getting so big! It was nice to have the entire family there because it has been several years since we've all been together due to schedules.












Overall the holidays were great and I was so glad to get to see both our families.

No comments: