Friday, May 22, 2009

St. Louis-Alex Graduates!



So I know it has taken me forever to post these pics but I finally have time! So as you know if you read my previous blog my brother Alex graduated!! My family flew in from San Antonio for the big event. The first night (Friday) that I was there Alex had a Senior Gallery. This is him with his pictures. He took the pics and developed them. He did great!! Sat we woke up very early for his graduation. They had it at an outdoor amphitheatre. It was very cool. It was very cold that morning, which to us Texans was just plain crazy. We loved it but were freezing. :)














We went to several places that day, which consisted of lots of eating. Sat afternoon we went to the St. Louis Cathedral Basilica; which was amazing and so beautiful. The church was huge and the service was really nice. Then Sat night Alex took my cousin Andraya and myself to City Museum. OK their concept of a museum is nuts. I learned that I am old, not in shape, and can have a panic attack when up really high and can see straight below me. We got there around 10pm and they turn off all the lights and give you small flashlights. It consist of A LOT of crawling, tunnels, climbing, slides, and a lot of craziness. Their stairs and climbs aren't normal though, they are just wires or poles so you can see all around you. I am shocked as klutzy as I am that I came out of there alive. It reminded me of a adult/teen "leaps and bounds" or "Discovery Zone". You have to be super skinny and have lot's of energy to go through it all. I am posting a pic of the inside of the museum. There is a coil on the left of the pic. We crawled up that into another room. Then there is a pic of my cousin crawling ahead of me through one of the holes. Craziness!! Check out the pics of this place at

http://www.citymuseum.org/phototour.html











Sunday we went to an oyster bar which was delicious! Then we went to the arch, which I was't interested in because we did that a couple years ago. So Dad, Alex, and I just hung out. On Monday we went to the Budweiser Brewery. We did this tour a few years ago so it was cool that this tour was a tad different. We actually go to go on the plant floor and see all the cans and bottles running through the various machines. Monday night Alex and I went out to some bars. He took me to the Bailey's Chocolate Bar and then to a Sushi Bar. We had some very different, interesting drinks. It was fun to be out with him since he is now 21. I came home on Tuesday and was exhausted!! :) I had a blast though with the family. It was good to see everyone.

No comments: