Friday, December 6, 2013

8 Months!

This was a big month!

  • The big thing this month is that Aubrey Crawled!!!! It was so exciting!! We had just sat on the floor in the living room to watch TV and play. I had my IPAD on the floor which immediately Aubrey eyed as she usually does so I moved it out of her reach as I usually do. Typically she will fuss at me a bit for doing that but is easily distracted by her other toys that she soon forgets. However, this time she fussed, tucked her knees under her, pushed up onto her knees and hands and as I sat there wide eyed she took off. Dave and I both were shocked and excited but couldn't grab a camera fast enough. So of course we made her do it again and again. ;) We got so excited which highly confused her but she liked the cheers. 
  • She also is wanting to pull up on things. She can get to her knees and one foot up. She loves to stand with assistance and gets tickled when we hold hands to stand. She bounces a lot also now on our hips and in our lap. 
  • She also has a funny sense of humor. She loves to attack daddy. She will grab and pull his hair, attack his chin, nose, and ear and just laughs and laughs when he pretends it hurts. She only does this with him and it is hilarious to watch, especially when she gets him good. 






  • Aubrey and I traveled to OK to visit my family while my brother was in town. Aubrey hasn't seen her husband since she was born at the hospital. She had a blast playing with Uncle Alex and she completely has him wrapped around her tiny finger already. We were also very blessed to have him take a few pictures of Aubrey; he does such a great job!! We look forward to seeing him around Thanksgiving. It was also nice to meet Mr. Ryan!! We had fun taking Aubrey to the park where she experienced swinging for the first time and absolutely loved it!! 


  • This month was also Halloween and Daddy's 30th Birthday!! First we celebrated Daddy's birthday with a surprise dinner party and guess what I actually kept it a secret and he was 100% surprised. It ws a great time and great success!! For Halloween Grandma came into town and we all took Aubrey to a local church that had a small pumpkin patch. Aubrey's outfit was a pretty candy corn that I had had made from varous talented friends (bow/onesie) and etsy (tutu). She wore this to school on actual Halloween which was a hit. However, she was in bed by 6:30 that night so no handing out candy for us this year. 




  • Aubrey took her Christmas pictures and our family portraits. A friend from college took the pictures and I highly recommend her if you live in the DFW area! 





  • The other fun/big thing is that Aubrey is "saying" Mama. I haven't figured out if she is saying it purposefully or she is just making sounds...but I'd like to think this is her first word. ;) She only does it occasionally but it still is exciting!!! 


I cannot believe this girl is 8 months already! Such a big girl full of personality!





No comments: