Friday, July 2, 2010

Surgery

Well some of you know but I had Strabismus Surgery last Wednesday. This was the 5th surgery I have had since I was 4 or 5 years old. It's one of those things that they just have to keep doing the surgery until one day it works. Everybody is different so they can't say how many times it will take. So here I was on surgery #5. I had been noticing changes in my vision and my night vision was getting REALLY bad. I was getting to the point that driving at night made me nervous. If I was close to home I was normally ok but venturing out was not something I preferred. I went to the optometrist at the end of last year (2009) and they noticed that I wasn't using my eyes together so that was a concern so she recommended I go see an opthamologist. I have an amazing opthamologist and he recommended surgery. So we did the surgery last Wednesday. It was day surgery and luckily fell on Wednesday which was Dave's day off. His mom and his Aunt both came to the surgery center with us which was very nice. After the surgery I basically passed out. Dave took amazing care of me, making sure I was taking my meds and eye drops when I was suppose to. He is such a good caretaker of me!! My eyes were REALLY red and swollen and I had a bruise under my right eye. My eyes have gotten better and the pain is gone. I'm finally getting out of the dry, scratchy stage but still doing eye drops. I have an amazing support group which I am so thankful for. Both Dave's aunt and my mentor at church provided Dave and I with casseroles for lunch/dinner. His Aunt also brought us some very yummy brownies!!! The food was great and much appreciated! My mom and aunt came in town on Friday and drove me around, cooked us some meals and kept me company. I was beginning to go stir crazy being in this house non stop. Most people know I am normally all over the place and doing all types of stuff, so when I have to stay still it kinda drives me nuts. I was and still am light sensitive but this is improving so going out in the day is kinda hard. Luckily sunglasses seem to help but not 100%. My Aunt left on Sunday and mom left on Monday. I went back to work on Tuesday but driving was kinda interesting. Let's just say not the safest driver that day. Dave's been driving me around since. He's such an amazing husband!! So now I am still healing, still not driving, but trying to keep myself busy around the house. Picked out some paint colors for a couple rooms in the house. I hope to start painting in the next couple weeks.

Other than that Life is good!! I'm officially done with work until mid August and plan to just relax, travel, and enjoy July! :)

No comments: