
Well this is late but been busy. A couple weeks ago David and I went to San Antonio for my grandmothers 75th birthday. It was a surprise party that my mom and aunts hosted. Dave and I were part of the surprise. We went down there on Friday and got to spend some time with great friends: Gabe, Tunisha, and Molly. Gabe made some fabulous ribs that night for us. I also took my lovely Goddaughter on a shopping spree because she was low on 3-6 month clothes and well that just can't happen. On Saturday we took family pictures of Dave and I since the last ones we took were at our wedding. We had my amazing brother do our pictures. We had a lot of fun and found an amazing site to take pictures after the terrible rain and flooded streets earlier in the day. Saturday night was the party. It turned out to be such a great surprise and Grandma was so happy to see us. We had such a great time and always come back discussing the "what if's" to moving down there.





Dave had gotten sick the week prior with a sinus infection and was feeling even worse while we were in San Antonio. Once we got back he found out he had pneumonia and was not allowed to go to work for 3 days. He is much better now!
This past weekend Courtney and I took a CHL (Concealed Handgun License class) because I got an amazing discount through the police wives. It was a class that went all day but at least it was interesting. We learned a lot about the laws and protection within our homes. Then came the shooting part at the gun rage. When our instructor was talking about guns and the steps we would do at the range my stomach started turning. This was my first time at a gun range and it was pretty much what I always assumed. I was doing good until it was my turn to shoot. Court let me use her gun but this was also my first time to ever hold a real gun. I've held one of Dave's guns but by held I mean picked it up and moved it somewhere else. I've used a riffle before at summer camp when I was a kid but that was 15+ years ago and and I never really though that as a "real" gun. So there I am touching this "real" gun and "real" bullets and I wasn't sure I liked it. Court had to show me everything about the gun and how to work it and also how to load the bullets into the magazine. By the way why do they call it a magazine? Anyways Court was such a great sport and was such a great helper to me. OK so the first shot I made scared the daylights out of me. I'm truly surprised the cane didn't come flying out of my hands and hit me smack in the head. We shot 50 rounds and I started gaining confidence. Surprisingly I did a great job (from what I was told). I scored a 231 out of 250!! I'm still not certain I am 100% comfortable with shooting and by no means will you find me at any gun range on a weekly/monthly basis but I'm willing to practice some more with Dave to gain more confidence. I want to make sure that if I ever am put in the situation that I need to protect myself or my family that I will be able to do it with confidence.
No comments:
Post a Comment