Sunday, March 10, 2013

38 Weeks!

As of Friday I am officially 38 weeks! Only 2 weeks left. Baby girl is approximately the size of a watermelon. Estimating 19-22 inches in length and 7 pounds. We have not had another sonogram so we are not sure of her actual estimated length or weight but this is just according to an app on my phone.

I have been really bad at posting weekly but life has been busy and been trying on focusing on getting her room ready, sleepers cleaned, blankets cleaned, items organized and placed somewhere besides our formal dining room, plus trying to get things wrapped up at work for the "just in case she comes early" situation. I will post pictures soon of the final nursery set-up. I am very proud of how it all has come out. Dave has been hard at work putting the many items together ranging from furniture, decorations hung, and all Aubrey's must haves put together. Aubrey's bag is almost completely packed and I have started on my bag (FINALLY!). People have been telling me to do this for weeks, I hate packing though so I keep putting it off. But it's starting to come together.

I've had 3 OB visits from my last post because we are now going weekly. I am still measuring right on time, occasionally a week ahead. My doctor has had no reason to think she is coming early. My feet have decided to swell beyond recognition. I now call them my elephant feet and I can't even remember what they looked like before but pray I will get my skinny ankles back soon. My blood pressure has been great though so my doctor isn't concerned about the swelling. My back pain and tailbone pain have increased so during week 38 I decided to start going to PT twice a week and getting a massage weekly. This has helped tremendously with keeping the pain manageable.

On Feb 23 we had our last baby shower which was hosted by my wonderful co-workers. I am beyond blessed by the many people I work with who all came out to help me celebrate Miss Aubrey. We got our swing, high chair, and baby carrier plus so so much more. I love that Aubrey will get to know many of these amazing people since she will be at our school in our daycare next year. She'll even have several playmates from coworkers that have had or are expecting their little bundle of joys.














On March 3rd I went to the Just Between Friends Sale in Fort Worth with a girlfriend of mine who is due in June. I was able to stock up on a great toy collection, headbands, a baby sling, approximately 20 outfits, 2 tutu's, and many other cute items.

On March 4th I had another OB appointment but this was the first appointment where they checked me for dilation.Which was a painful surprise, very much like the pain I had with the 3rd IUI.  The doctor reported that I was at a 1 so Aubrey more than likely wouldn't come that week, thank the Lord!!! I really want her to wait to come until the week she is due, preferably her due date. Her heart beat was perfect and she was measuring on track. 

A few funny situations have occurred this past week (Week 38) ranging from the ladies at the post office practically processing my entire order as I walked up to the counter because they didn't want me to stand in line. All I had to do was hand over my card and I was done. I guess they didn't want the pregnant lady going into labor in their office. ha ha Many people (strangers) have felt the need to tell me how big I am and that I look like I'm going to give birth any day now. Then there was the sweet stranger who saw me sitting in my car and knocked on my window wanting to know if I was in labor because he saw me take a deep breath. It made me laugh and I explained I was just breathing but thanked him so much for being kind enough to check on me. I sure have been entertained this week.

As for work I am finally done with all my high school students which means off-campus trips are done! Thank Goodness because I'm not sure how much more I could handle.I am hoping that all was completed on Friday that needed to be completed. Due to unexpected meetings I am not 100% confident that all was done or is ready in case she does come this week but I've reached the point that I just don't care. It's Spring Break this week and I am going to enjoy my rest, sleeping in, and enjoying time with friends. Also hoping to get all my clips done and completed so I can get her flower pins finalized. 

A 38 Week picture will be posted in the next few days (hopefully). And hopefully no Aubrey until after the 18th! I keep talking to her and trying to convince her to wait. We go back to the OB tomorrow to see if I am making any progress and I really hope I'm not because I want to enjoy this week just Dave and I, plus would like to get back to work on the 18th to make sure I actually did do everything I was supposed to. :) 

No comments: