About a month ago, after several tests by both my OBGYN and infertility specialist we were given 2 options. Our first option was to go on birth control for 3 months and increase my intake of Metformin. This was because my LSH Levels were way to high. I was told my FSH was approx. 5.0 and your LSH should be under your FSH, well my LSH was a 29.9 (obviously not under). So long story short my body thinks that I am pregnant thus why I am not ovulating. My OB felt that by going on birth control, which would lower my LSH over time, that after 3 months she could pull me off of it and we could try again. Sounded good but I really didnt' want to go back on birth control. My infertility specialist said that he didn't fully agree with the OB. He said that the birth control would lower my LSH level however as soon as I went off the birth control for good my level would immediately spike back up to where it was because all this happens due to my PCOS. So here we were with 2 options and I really had no idea what to do. We had already started the birth control but I had planned to get off the pill over our honeymoon. So I decided to pray about it and see where the Lord was leading us. I prayed about the two options we were given and all I heard was Adoption. I have been hearing this for over a year now and so Dave and I sat down one night and discussed it. He stated that he was also feeling that adoption was what we needed to do. He was completely open to it. I immediately got online that next day and started looking at various agencies all over the north Texas and Oklahoma areas. I looked at domestic vs. international, foster to adopt vs domestic adoption, big and small agencies. Then I turned to a lady at our church who was going through the foster care system training and she recommended her agency. I looked them up and instantly felt that I found our agency. Dave read over their information and we decided to adopt through this agency in Arlington, TX. It is a christian organization and is a smaller agency; which we both liked. We went on the honeymoon and figured we'd decide the "for sure" once we got back. So the Saturday after we returned we turned in our first application and just the other day we got the class training schedule. We are very excited to start this journey and to see where the Lord leads us. We should be done with our classes by mid-October.
Please pray for us as we venture on this journey. I appreciate everyone's support up to this point and we are blessed to have each of you as our family and friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment